redidbull

Snow Thrower Lift

redidbull

I have search and still can not find any pics of how to mount the flag for the tractor to lift it.I thought it had to be on the lower arm but I am getting no lift. Please point me in the correct direction. Thanks. Jim

AMC RULES

redidbull

Thanks. I saw that but I was a bit confused on where the flag was actually mounted. I will look at mine tomorrow. Thanks again. Jim

bubbacola

second hole lower arm...  I have three snowthrowers two diffrent lengths lift shafts. You may have to add a few shaft colets between flag and shaft til you can lift your blower about three to four inches. took two colets on mine

Sparky

Second hole up from the bottom.

post-2-0-25737400-1387135772_thumb.jpg

Maybe your lift rod is to short, might need spacers like the guys have suggested. I think a pile of washers with a 3/4 hole is what works best.

Mike...........

timo4352

Second hole up from the bottom.

attachicon.gifBlowerhookup009#2.jpg

Maybe your lift rod is to short, might need spacers like the guys have suggested. I think a pile of washers with a 3/4 hole is what works best.

Mike...........

I guess that's why I had a hell of a time with mine - I went in the next or third hole up. That first hole is too small to fit the pin into, so I went up two holes from there into the third one. So I should have counted the undersize hole as one - correct? :confusion-shrug:

cod

A couple of weeks back I asked a similar question and here's the link:

as I was unable to get my snowthrower to lift evenly off the ground as the left side is barely 1/2 inch while the right side is about 1-1/2 inches.  At the time I attached the the snowthrower I used the second hole just like what you see in Sparky's picture.  Oddly enough today I found and downloaded this manual "Snowthrower 42inch 1984-87 06-42ST04 OM #810246R1" from the manuals section of this forum for my snowthrower.  When I looked at the flag attachment section it looks to me as you need to use the top ( or third hole up from the bottom ) hole of the lift arm.  So I went out finally managed to get the clip installed but it wasn't easy.  Once the I had it all together, I fired the beast up and tried to lift the snowthrower but now it wouldn't lift at all, so I switched it back.  It sounds like what I really need to do is add a bunch of washers to take up all of the slop between the flag and the tube it slides into to get the thrower higher off the ground and I might even be able the use the second hole to make it easier on both my eyes and numb fingers.  ;-)

dbartlett1958

On my 416-H I have my flag attached to the top hole in the lift arm, per my manual. 42 inch Single stage snow cannon.

Dr.Clank

I attach the flag to the top (or third) hole on both my 414-8 and 416-H as per the manual. 

bk-scouter

Ditto to above.  Top hole, '99 314-8

-BK

bubbacola

Must be the newer tractor use top hole... thrower on my charger said second hole. Think I may try top hole should made it eazier to lift

cod

Just a quick followup to my earlier post about getting the snow thrower up off the ground, as today I filled the space between the flag and the hollow lift tube with washers and now while the snow thrower still tilts to the left, the left side is about 2 inches off the ground.  I still haven't figured out why the left side is lower than the right but at least now I won't be dragging the left side when I'm driving.

I'm also wondering if the second hole from the top would give you more lift because the second hole is farther from the pivot that the arm rotates on.

dbartlett1958

The second hole should give more lift, but will also be more difficult for the operator(or tractor in case of hydro-lift) due to less mechanical advantage.

GlenPettit

Screenshot2013-10-16at74216PM_zpsb86f5dd fc8fa814-2588-434f-b04b-86f331138044_zps]

The "Bellcrank" is the right-angle part with the holes in it, the longer lower portion is where the "Flag" goes (the upper part with the chain and the 'lift arm' are not used with the snowthrower).  The strong Assist Spring helps with the lifting a lot, and it's tension can be adjusted with the eye-bolt (shown with max tension here).  Washers/spacers are added where the Flag goes into the tube end. Install the Flag and Spring first, before sliding the tube onto it, (you can raise left side up for more clearance  installing the flag then).

Edited by GlenPettit

sorekiwi

Putting the flag in the right hole makes a huge difference in the effort required to lift it.

Shimming the tube that the flag itself slides into is required to suit the tractor that the blower is fitted to.  I needed to shorten that tube to fit my blower on a mid length frame on a B80, so I require about an inch of spacers (shims) when I fit that blower to a long frame tractor.

bubbacola

Sorry after rereading instuctions it dose say top hole.. I'll change mine to top hole maybe it will lift eazier. Left arm was getting to big anyway