bigboy63

wheel horse 416-h belts

bigboy63

Bought a snow blower that was on a c series no model # mounted on my 416-h but belt that is on blower seems short ? am I missing something on the install or do I need a different size belt an if so how can I figure out what one seeing the blower has no #s ?  thanks

gwest_ca

A 5/8" x 69" belt should work on both series of tractors. Belt travels off the outer groove of the pto, under the V-idler, over the flat idler and around the snowthrower pulley and back to the top of the pto outer groove.

Garry

• Like 1

dbartlett1958

Like Garry said, same belt works with both blowers. Unless somebody modified something, it sounds like the belt is routed incorrectly. This is easy to do. Find some pictures or down load the manual.

bigboy63

The pulley on the blower must have been changed had to use a 5/8x72" belt and was hard to get on and that was to the smaller pto pulley . works fine now. thanks again

TT

In most cases, it's impossible for the blower to have a larger than stock input pulley because of the wrapper location.

This is a 06-42ST04 (1986) thrower on a 1992 416-8:

416snowcrew009.jpg

That's an OEM #9750 belt and I've used that thrower with that same belt on several different tractors.

Maybe you have a thrower with a modified hitch? :confusion-shrug:

Here's a measurement pic:

misc101509003.jpg

Can you post pictures of your thrower?

dbartlett1958

Ditto to what TT said!  On my blower, you need to partially disassemble it to change the belt. The pulleys normally run close to the blower housing. I am confident that the pulley is correct, and that your belt length issue is the result of something else that is different.