stevasaurus

COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL GAME PICKS 2013/2014

Brrly1

:laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :no:

squonk

Hoping there's a lot of room in the cellar!!! Helllooooo is anybody down there???? Sounds kind of empty until now

Still looking for that table!  :) Might need a bigger one. Quite a few o-fers so far!  :scared-eek:

Edited by squonk

Brrly1

Sure you got enough chairs? Is the heat on?   :eusa-think:  :snooty:  :angry-nono:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

RESULTS 12/26  WINING TEAMS...PITT AND UTAH ST.  :bow-blue:

1 WIN AND 1 LOSS...................BK-SCOUTER, RACINBOB

0 WINS AND 2 LOSSES............BURRLY1, DUKE, JIMD, BLUFFHUNTER, SQUONK, STEVASAURUS

So much for the MAC CONFERENCE...pizza---pizza :violence-blades:

Edited by stevasaurus

Racinbob

I was hoping to see a running tally of where everybody stood. I see N. Illinois got everybody. I don't know what logic you used, BK-SCOUTER, to pick Pittsburgh but I used my usual scientific calculations. Based on the geographic coordinate system I located the stadium in Detroit. Using that and dividing it by the astrological position of the moon during the third quarter I was able to determine a new location that happened to be in Pennsylvania. It's a strange phenomenon, little known to most folks, but it will tell you who the winning team will be every time. My calculator battery died just before the Poinsettia bowl.....................

OK, the truth is, I picked Pitt because they beat Notre Dame. See, I don't hold a grudge. In the real world, if football knowledge could be measured by volume I couldn't fill a valve cap off a  :wh:. Probably the only thing I know is that I'm a Fighting Irish fan win or lose. But you may have noticed that if you have sharp eyes.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I've been trying to figure out a way to type a spreadsheet of what everyone picked so we could all see how it goes at a glance.  I am at a loss as how to do that with this forum format.  I did it on a piece of paper so it makes it easier for me to see.  I am all ears if anyone has any ideas.  Spreadsheets do not attach well in the forum format.  :bow-blue:  I could maybe do it a day at a time like this...if I make a mistake typing this in...the post made by the person rules.

12/27  Today...

MARYLAND VS MARSHALL...STEVASAURUS, RACINBOB, BK-SCOUTER picked Maryland...the rest picked Marshall

Everyone picked MINNESOTA in the Minn vs Syracuse game

BYU VS WASHINGTON...STEVASAURUS, JIMD picked Washington...the rest picked BYU

12/28  Saturday...

Everyone picked NOTRE DAME in the ND vs Rutgers game

CINCINNATI VS N. CAROLINA...STEVASAURUS, RACINBOB, BLUFFHUNTER picked N. Carolina...the rest picked Cinn

MIAMI VS LOUISVILLE...BLUFFHUNTER picked Miami...the rest picked Louisville

KANSAS ST. VS MICHIGAN...STEVASAURUS, JIMD picked Kansas St....the rest picked Michigan (losers) :ychain::)

Let me know if this helps when watching the games.

RacinBob...very innovative way of picking the games... :)  You could be 2 wins and 0 losses with good batteries. :woohoo:

Edited by stevasaurus

squonk

Sure you got enough chairs? Is the heat on?   :eusa-think:  :snooty:  :angry-nono:

Funny you should ask. A Balmy 82 deg. on the mezzanine today thanks to a Low pressure steam and 2 HP boilers running. I did find the table in the new air handler room. Mangey  Trane varmint engineers stole it! Only found 2 chairs though. Gonna need more if the games go like the first 2  :)

post-2380-0-35403100-1388178582_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-08671500-1388178619_thumb.jp

Edited by squonk

stevasaurus

Don't worry about me Mike...I am on my way upstairs.  :)

Another possibility is I picked the teams I thought would lose and wrote them down wrong.  :eusa-think:

• Like 1

JimD

I've been trying to figure out a way to type a spreadsheet of what everyone picked so we could all see how it goes at a glance.  I am at a loss as how to do that with this forum format.  I did it on a piece of paper so it makes it easier for me to see.  I am all ears if anyone has any ideas. 

Take a picture of your notebook after you update it and post that. :teasing-poke::thumbs:

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Well, I am 0 wins and 4 losses at the moment.  I burned my magic pencil...I threw out my TOM TOM trying to do the GPS thingy that RacinBob did...I tore apart my Shaman books...I went out and bought another bottle of Rock & Rye...I even lighted an "I'm sorry Michigan" candle. :ychain: Nothing is working.  It's OK...I am still not picking IOWA over LSU...I'll go 0 wins and 29 losses first...and that's all I've got to say about that. :no:

My picks still suck...I had a 50 / 50 chance at every game and I am still batting a 1000 (the wrong way)...the Washington game is still going and it is close...I am looking at 0 wins and 5 losses...

Gloom, Despair and Agony on Me...

Deep Dark Depression...

Excessive misery...

If it weren't for bad luck...

I'd have no luck at all...

Gloom, Despair and Agony on Me. :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

You guys are not going to believe this...12/27...WINNING TEAMS...MARSHALL, SYRACUSE, WASHINGTON.

THE STANDINGS GOING INTO SATURDAY 12/28... 4 GAMES ON SATURDAY.. :bow-blue:

2 WINS AND 3 LOSSES....JIMD

1 WIN AND 4 LOSSES.......STEVASAURUS, SQOUNK, RACINBOB, BLUFFHUNTER, DUKE, BURRLY1, BK-SCOUTER

It's a good thing there is no money involved in this...Jim is the only one that is not invited to the card game in the basement.  :orcs-cheers:

• Like 2

squonk

Steve If you want better "Karma" you have to either listen to a rendition of "Feelings" or if that is too much to stomach you have to listen to an entire Herb Alpert or Trini Lopez collection before each game.  :)  :teasing-poke: I may have to make a leaf for the table!  :eusa-think:

• Like 2

Racinbob

One thing I forgot to put in that post was a disclaimer that my wife sees fit to tell everybody. "DON'T LISTEN TO A THING BOB SAYS". It probably would have saved a perfectly good GPS unit.

• Like 2

HorseFixer

Well it is what it is. :confusion-shrug:  Looks like Michigan QB Devin Gardner is out with a bucked up foot so Shane Morris a freshman will be at the Helm. :disgust:  Things keep going from worse to more worse! Looks like me and the Capt'n will be sailing tonight he says he can deaden my PAIN!  :eusa-think:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Did you guys notice the female Line Referee during the Washington vs BYU game.  That is the first female Ref that I have seen in college football. :eusa-think::)

So...does typing who picked who each day help in keeping track???

Edited by stevasaurus

Racinbob

I think there was actually two of them. I thought it was cool. Didn't it look like she had the 'deer in the headlights' look?

I do like the updates. I'm thinking we all should stick to talking Wheel Horses but this is still fun.

8 minutes to the Pinstripe Bowl!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Bob, I only saw the one female and yes...she did look like a deer in headlights at times.  Especially the one time I saw her trying to break up the pile of guys.  :)  I think she did a good job really...pretty cool...good for her.  :eusa-think:

• Like 1

Racinbob

Could well be true Steve. I was thinking the commentators said something about two. The players sure made her look little. I'm a small guy and I'm sure I'd have the same look out there.

Halftime....Rutgers and Notre Dame tied....what is the world coming too!! :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Rutgers is joining the Big Ten next season...they are looking pretty good.  Where is Rudy??? :)

Racinbob

:dance::banana-rock::happy-bouncygreen:  That was closer than I expected.

I'm not sure where Rudy is at. Do you suppose he would have put that look at the lady refs face?

• Like 1

stevasaurus

RESULTS WITH THE 12/28 SATURDAY GAMES...WINNING TEAMS...NOTRE DAME, NORTH CAROLINA, LOUISVILLE, KANSAS ST.

WEIGHING IN AT...

4 WINS AND 0 LOSSES.....STEVASAURUS  :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock: 

3 WINS A 1 LOSS...............RACINBOB, JIMD

2 WINS AND 2 LOSSES......SQUONK, BLUFFHUNTER, DUKE, BRRLY1, BK-SCOUTER

TOTALS AFTER 9 BOWL GAMES...

5 WINS AND 4 LOSSES......JIMD, STEVASAURUS

4 WINS AND 5 LOSSES.......RACINBOB

3 WINS AND 6 LOSSES.......SQUONK, BLUFFHUNTER, DUKE, BRRLY1, BK-SCOUTER

stevasaurus

Well the Big Ten is looking good...0/2. :eusa-think:  The next Big Ten teams play Wednesday.  There are 4 games tomorrow ,Monday 12/30, and 4 games on Tuesday 12/31.

How about that Kansas St. vs Michigan game??? :)  It was just past midnight here when it was over...but it was over a lot sooner then that. :ychain: I was watching the game with Bob & the Captain...sounded like a good idea.  Bob, I thought Michigan's 1/4 back played a good game...kid has got an arm.  Where was their defense??

Looks like Rutgers is going to fit right in to the Big Ten... :ychain:

stevasaurus

Here are the games and picks for Monday 12/30..

Mid Tennessee................Squonk, Duke, Brrly1

Navy.................................Steve, Bob, Bluff, JimD, BK

Mississippi.......................Bluff, BK

Georgia Tech....................Steve, Squonk, Bob, JimD, Duke, Brrly1

Oregon.............................Everyone

Texas................................Nobody

Arizona St........................Steve, Squonk, Bob, JimD, Duke, Brrly1

Texas Tech.......................Bluff, BK

Here are the games and picks for Tuesday 12/31

Arizona.............................Steve, Bluff, Duke, Brrly1

BC....................................Squonk, Bob, JimD, BK

Virginia Tech....................Steve, BK

UCLA...............................Squonk, Bob, Bluff, JimD, Duke, Brrly1

Rice.................................Squonk, Bob, Bluff, JimD, Duke, Brrly1 BK

Mississippi St..................Steve

Texas A&M......................Steve, Squonk, Bob, Bluff, BK

Duke................................JimD, Duke, Brrly1

Edited by stevasaurus

bk-scouter

It's getting crowded here down in the basement....

-BK

• Like 1

squonk

RESULTS WITH THE 12/28 SATURDAY GAMES...WINNING TEAMS...NOTRE DAME, NORTH CAROLINA, LOUISVILLE, KANSAS ST.

WEIGHING IN AT...

4 WINS AND 0 LOSSES.....STEVASAURUS  :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock: 

So did you listen to Trini,Herb or Anne Murray with Barry Manilow singing back-up?  :)  :ychain:

• Like 1