stevasaurus

COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL GAME PICKS 2013/2014

Brrly1

Well it goes like this I was born and raised in the Fine state of Iowa. Yes I am a Die-hard Iowa Hawkeye fan. No jumping ship here! So anyways this is more for you Iowa nay sayers.

This time around, the defenses could do most of the talking.

Entering this matchup, the Tigers rank No. 20 in total defense (349.7 YPG) and No. 30 in scoring defense (22.7 PPG). Meanwhile, Iowa ranks No. 7 and No. 11 respectively, allowing 303.2 yards and 18.8 points per game.

:laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

Talked with Steve earlier in the day, he brought up strength of schedule. I am sure that lsu has patsies that they play. With that being said.

As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!

post-45-0-48337300-1387422952.jpg

brandonozz

I see that NOBODY is picking Oklahoma to beat Alabama.  What are you guys thinking???

Seriously, I'm a sooner fan for as long as I knew what a football was ....... but....... The stars are going to have to align for us to pull this one off..... definately need that Sooner magic!

It's that time of the year that you find out just how strong/weak your conference is and how strong/weak your team really is.  Wierdest time of the year when people from everywhere are pulling for the teams that they HATE.  For me it's like hoping Texas wins, it just puts a bad taste in your mouth and you really can't believe you just did that.

• Like 1

Brrly1

Guess where the Stoop brothers went to college? Meaning Bob and Mike. Can we say this together now, we spell it IOWA yup you guys should have known that one. Bob is the coach at Oklahoma and Mike well I think he helping coach the defense at Oklahoma. Mike was head coach at Arizona but he had one to many one night and is no longer. He was suceeded by Duke's ol' buddy richy rod (Rich Rodriguez). Then we have Mark Stoops who is now Head coach at Kentucky. Nope I'm not going to do it, ok twist my arm he also played ball at Iowa. I wish the Oklahoma guys luck but I don't know, still up in the air on that one.

post-45-0-66072300-1387455774.jpg

Bluffhunter

MIZZOU   :thumbs: 

post-10144-0-06906600-1387463448.jpg

post-10144-0-66629900-1387463533.jpg

• Like 1

Brrly1

Iowa beat them too!!!

Bluffhunter

John, the Hawkeyes beat Missouri State University Bears on 9-7-13. :)   Missouri University/ Mizzou Tigers are in the SEC East conference champions.  :)  South Carolina and Auburn were their only losses this year.  :)

• Like 1

Brrly1

Yes, they did a heck of a job this year. I believe that the coach who came from University of Toledo does a good job each and every year. Theres no doubt in my mind. My question is, does he still have a job after the bowl game? Didn't he also get a DUI? I thought I read that somewhere in Toledo paper say back in October. Don't know. Please don't take this in the wrong way, I am really happy that the Hawkeyes completely turned this season around from where they were at last year at 4-8. This year at 8-4 has a happy camper (me) as a fan but I have been this way since I remember listening to on the radio clear back when Ed Podolak was QB at Iowa. Back when Stevasaurus was a teenager and let me tell ya thats almost well definitely a half-century !!!  Yikes!!! A Long time ago!!

:laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:   :ychain:

Bluffhunter

Yes John, Gary Pinkel was arrested back in November 2 years ago for a DWI, or DUI, Best I remember he had just left a social event, and had had some wine.  He apologized to the University, players, fans, etc.... and was suspended 1 game if I recall correctly. I have learned something from your post though- he was the coach from 1991-2000 for the University of Toledo, and they won the Mid American Conference in 1995.

I am excited for the bowl games even though it's sad that ends football season for another 9 months !

Merry Christmas and  " GO HAWKEYES" too !   :)

Bluffhunter

" Back when Stevasaurus was a teenager and let me tell ya thats almost well definitely a half-century !!!  Yikes!!! A Long time ago!! "

Dino's still a pup huh ?    :teasing-poke:  Oh, Hi Steve :greetings-waveyellow:

• Like 2

Brrly1

Bluffhunter Rocks!!! :bow-blue:  :bow-blue:  :bow-blue:

Brrly1

We beat Missouri I think it was 2010, the Insight bowl.

stevasaurus

Yes...it was 50 years ago...in the 60's.  I never thought I would reach 30 years old at that point. :)

Missouri had a really good team this year...not lucky like Iowa. :ychain:   I watched the Mizzu vs Auburn game...that was a great game, and Mizzu could have won that.  I am actually a Missouri fan for the most part...unless they are playing Illinois in basketball in St. Louis.  They should be able to handle OK St. in their bowl game. :)

John is reliving the past at the moment...like this Iowa team compares to some Iowa teams from long ago...not.  :ychain::eusa-think:   Next year, we will remember how they lost to LSU. :no:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

Bluffhunter

John, I don't remember seeing that game, but I bet it was a good one with the score of 27-24 !

Stevasaurus,  I always knew you were a great guy !   :text-merryxmas:

• Like 1

squonk

I remember Ed Podolak as a KC Chief wearing out the Dolphins in the Christmas Day AFC Champ game. What was that 1973? I thought that He musta been corn fed!

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Brrly1

Hello to all College football fans. If you guys know anything about college football don't be afraid to jump in here and make your picks. I have to believe that there are alot more people follow it than just five or six. Let's not be bashful jump right in here and do it!!! Ok, I  wasn't going to but why not you can always  pretend like you know what your doing. I did and won the Big 10 picks for this year. Scooby Doo I love it and yes I   am going to pretend like I know what I'm doing. LOL, Bota boom-bota bing

post-45-0-84590600-1387659350.jpg

stevasaurus

Bluffhunter...did you get to watch the Illinois vs Missouri basketball game in St Louis yesterday???  WOW, what a great game to watch.  It was like March Madness had begun.  Two very good teams...a rematch would be fun in March... :)

JimD

Bluffhunter...did you get to watch the Illinois vs Missouri basketball game in St Louis yesterday???  WOW, what a great game to watch.  It was like March Madness had begun.  Two very good teams...a rematch would be fun in March... :)

And how about that bowling on ABC's Wild World of Exciting Schtuff? :ychain:

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Here's  mine :thumbs: 

Winner picks are highlighted in RED

Thursday, Dec. 26

Little Caesars Pizza Bowl at Detroit

Bowling Green (10-3) vs. Pittsburgh (6-6), 5 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Poinsettia Bowl at San Diego

Northern Illinois (12-1) vs. Utah State (8-5), 8:30 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Friday, Dec. 27

Military Bowl at Annapolis, Md.

Marshall (9-4) vs. Maryland (7-5), 1:30 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Texas Bowl at Houston

Minnesota (8-4) vs. Syracuse (6-6), 5 p.m. (ESPN-25)

Fight Hunger Bowl at San Francisco

BYU (8-4) vs. Washington (8-4), 8:30 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Saturday, Dec. 28

Pinstripe Bowl at New York

Notre Dame (8-4) vs. Rutgers (6-6), 11 a.m. (ESPN-25).

Belk Bowl at Charlotte, N.C.

Cincinnati (9-3) vs. North Carolina (6-6), 2:20 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Russell Athletic Bowl at Orlando, Fla.

Miami (9-3) vs. Louisville (11-1), 5:45 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl at Tempe, Ariz.

Kansas State (7-5) vs. Michigan (7-5), 9:15 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Monday, Dec. 30

Armed Forces Bowl at Fort Worth, Texas

Middle Tennessee (8-4) vs. Navy (7-4), 10:45 a.m. (ESPN-25).

Music City Bowl at Nashville, Tenn.

Mississippi (7-5) vs. Ga. Tech (7-5), 2:15 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Alamo Bowl at San Antonio

Oregon (10-2) vs. Texas (8-4), 5:45 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Holiday Bowl at San Diego

Arizona State (10-3) vs. Texas Tech (7-5), 9:15 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Tuesday, Dec. 31

AdvoCare V100 Bowl at Shreveport, La.

Arizona (7-5) vs. Boston College (7-5), 11:30 a.m. (ESPN-25).

Sun Bowl at El Paso, Texas

Virginia Tech (8-4) vs. UCLA (9-3), 1 p.m. (KOTV-6).

AUTOZONE LIBERTY, Memphis, Tenn.

Rice (10-3) vs. Mississippi St. (6-6) , 4:00 PM (ESPN)

Chick-fil-A Bowl at Atlanta

Texas A&M (8-4) vs. Duke (10-3), 7 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Wednesday, Jan. 1

Heart of Dallas Bowl at Dallas

UNLV (7-5) vs. North Texas (8-4), 11 a.m. (ESPNU).

Gator Bowl at Jacksonville, Fla.

Nebraska (8-4) vs. Georgia (8-4), 11 a.m. (ESPN2-26).

Capital One Bowl at Orlando, Fla.

Wisconsin (9-3) vs. South Carolina (10-2), Noon (KTUL-8).

Outback Bowl at Tampa, Fla.

Iowa (8-4) vs. LSU (9-3), Noon (ESPN-25).

Rose Bowl at Pasadena, Calif.

Stanford (11-2) vs. Michigan State (12-1), 4 p.m. (ESPN-25)

Fiesta Bowl at Glendale, Ariz.

Baylor (11-1) vs. UCF (11-1), 7:30 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Thursday, Jan. 2

Sugar Bowl at New Orleans

Alabama (11-1) vs. Oklahoma (10-2), 7:30 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Friday, Jan. 3

Orange Bowl at Miami

Ohio State (12-1) vs. Clemson (10-2), 7 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Cotton Bowl at Arlington, Texas

Missouri (11-2) vs. Oklahoma State (10-2), 6:30 p.m. (KOKI-5/23)

Saturday, Jan. 4

BBVA Compass Bowl at Birmingham, Ala.

Vanderbilt (8-4) vs. Houston (8-4), Noon (ESPN-25)

Sunday, Jan. 5

GoDaddy.com Bowl at Mobile, Ala.

Arkansas State (7-5) vs. Ball State (10-2), 8 p.m. (ESPN-25).

Monday, Jan. 6

BCS National Championship at Pasadena, Calif.

Florida State (13-0) vs. Auburn (12-1), 7:30 p.m. (ESPN-25)

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 1

Brrly1

Drum roll please, ahh not necessary. My thoughts are thinking that these teams will prevail! BGSU, NIU, Marshall,Minn, BYU, ND, Cincy, Louisville, Michigan, Ga.Tech, Oregon, Ariz. State, Arizona, UCLA, Duke, North Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, IOWA, Mich. State, Baylor, Alabama, Ohio State, Missouri, Vandebilt,  Ball State, and Auburn for the title. Normally I am pro Big Ten but had to take a different route this time on a couple with Wisconsin losing to Penn State, Nebraska losing to the Hawkeyes. I might edit this on a couple. Need to think about the Big Ten changes.

As always Go Hawkeyes!!!

post-45-0-84821800-1387851364.jpg

stevasaurus

Brrly1...you missed 1 game..Mid Tenn vs Navy...:)

Brrly1

Oooppps sorry, I can't be perfect all the time!!! Mid-Tennesse or at least I sure hope so. RMCIII where are you? We fired a couple shots at each other, I was the BOZO. Are you going to back down now? Com'on show you got the picks. Let's see what your made of. Can't brag if you don't play!!!  John

As always Go Hawkeyes!!!

post-45-0-66751800-1387903041.jpg

bk-scouter
OK, here are my picks...

Pittsburgh, Northern Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, BYU, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, Louisville, Michigan, Navy, Mississippi, Oregon, Texas Tech, Boston College, Virginia Tech, Rice, Texas A&M, North Texas, Georgia, Wisconsin, LSU., Michigan State, Baylor, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Arkansas State, Auburn

Thanks for doing this Steve !
-BK
Edited by bk-scouter

Brrly1

ATTN; Stevasaurus. I am only going to change one pick. I am going to pick Wisconsin over South Carolina. Generally don't do this but I think they look alot better than Nebraska does. Go Badgers!!!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

OK...we have 8 guys in the pool...1st game is starting now...here we go...:)

Brrly1

Hoping there's a lot of room in the cellar!!! Helllooooo is anybody down there???? Sounds kind of empty until now

• Like 1