boostedtoy13

single stage with cab

boostedtoy13

I've got a older single stage snow blower short chute on my 312 I just got a WH cab for it but the chute control is very far from the cab and can not be reached. Thinking about extending it and adding a knuckle to get the angle right. Has anyone else done this. If so pictures please.

dbartlett1958

There is a straight extension piece that was available for this purpose.  Part # 9200 for Wheel Horse Cab model # 79978.  Would be easy to fabricate something for this though.

And Welcome to Red Square!

Edited by dbartlett1958

mbarb54

I just got a cab for my 310-8 and have to reach through the zipper opening to the outside to crank my chute. Where can I find the part you refer to??

I'm LOVIN the cab, but a longer crank would be great.

Michael

MalMac

The extension part came with the the newer style cab 79978. It all so had a bracket for support that bolted on the inside of the cab. There were two different brackets. one was for the 2 stage that bolted on the left and the other for the single that bolted on the right. You will need to contact Original Cab Company for the extension and bracket. Now with that said the extension was for the newer tall chute blowers. What you mainly have to do is come up with a swivel and a way to extend the crank handle for the older blower. If you just extend it, it will just stick out way too far. You have got to be able to bring it in back closer to the tractor and through the zipper access hole in the cab. I have seen some guys use a 3/8 swivel extension from a ratchet set and just weld to it.

http://www.originalcab.com/

Edited by MalMac

mbarb54

Thanks for the information about the chute control extension. The Original Cab company does not have this listed on their current parts list but I have emailed them and will post if they still have the part available. My cab is a P647CC, so I don't know if the chute extension part for the 79978 will work with my cab or not.  I also sent them these pics to show my situation. If anyone has any other information or ideas, please post. 

Thanks

post-3938-0-81159900-1388248311.jpg

post-3938-0-27904600-1388248324.jpg

MalMac

If you have the older style short chute blower the crank system is totally different. What you need to do its cut the crank handle and get a sleeve extension that would connect the two pieces of crank. That's what essentially the extension kit does on the newer style. The crank has a whole drilled in it where the sleeve fits over it and has a hair pin in it to connect it to the lower handle and the same up on the upper. You will need to fab some sort of support in the cab for the crank to run through.

can whlvr

I made a home made for my homemade cab,i made the whole shaft longer and bent the crank hanle in it,got the rolled steel at my local steel wholesaler for about 15 bucks,my cab cross brace held it up or it wouldn't work very well asthey get wobbly that long with out some sort of brace

mbarb54

I checked with The Original Cab company about the extension part #9200. They confirmed that it will not work with the older style short chute blowers.That part was made for a different blower.  The newer ones I guess. Too bad. . 

Scotsman

How about moving the seat forward a bit.

I moved mine back because I am 6 2" and what a difference in comfort.

MalMac

Like I said I think your only option is to make an entirely new handle or splice it. I am not sure but if you go with a whole new handle I think the angle will be too great and stick out too far to go in the cab. On the newer ones that is basically what they did they just added an extension to the handle from where it attachés to the blower. Which is nothing but a splice. The handle on the newer style is not a one piece like you have. It attachés to the blower with a hair pin. All they did was put a splice in between the blower and handle. Yours would be the same thing by cutting it and putting in a splice. If I remember right on my stage there was enough movement in the splice that I did not have to use a swivel. If I get time I will try and take a picture of the kit. I believe it will work for you if you would decide to splice it.

Edited by MalMac