Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

Professional Wheel Horse

BairleaFarm

Anyone use there Wheel Horses to make money?

refracman

I dont use mine to make money but have saved a bunch with the ol' loader gt

I do know of a guy who uses his in his lawn service a '73 12 auto and a raider12 I think.

Rod(NASNUT)

I dont use mine to make money but my wife thinks they make me spend money :banghead:

C-Series14

Many years ago, I had about 6 yards and a horse farm I mowed WHILE playing softball 3 nights a week and weekends! I would play an early game and mow afterwards or mow and then haul the truck and trailer to the ballpark! Did about 10 hours a week just on the horse farm. Made that place look like a golf course! Only made 10 bucks an hour doing that. They didn't realize how good they had it. They started "helping" me with it and that was the end. I would load up the tractors and get to the barn and it was already mowed. So I retired from that. The yards were some rentals and private homes. The rentals were fun, spent an hour just cleaning up the yards before I could mow. One private yard was 3 acres plus. Luckily, I had a Swisher 40" trail mower. Still took 3-4 hours and I charged 30 bucks an hour back then. The owner finally said they would do it themselves cause it cost too much. What did they expect? :omg:

I now just mow mine and my Mom's. Her's takes 2 hours, I get free Gatorade and cookies if I am lucky... :banghead:

Plowing snow is mostly all free, I get paid for a couple driveways out of 10 or so I do.

All done with 20 year old plus tractors! :USA:

BairleaFarm

Im thinking about trying to earn some extra cash. I mow several yards anyways because i ride by them with the tractor and they look bad. I figure i need the good karma and it only takes a few minutes. Most people don't know I do it because i dont bother letting them know. Can you imaging coming home one day and your yard had been mowed without you knowing it?

pond195520032003

David, that has never happened to me :banghead: i have used the snow plow to plow some drive ways when i lived near buckeye lake, but i moved and they are now gone :thumbs: have leveled out drive ways when new gravel was ordered also :omg: will be ready for winter soon with the D-200 and snow plow, and the others :USA:

Brrly1

I really don't make any money at doing it but I just love getting out and pushing the snow off the city sidewalks. I basically clean off the walks on my side of the block go around the block to clear the other side as I have a friend or neighbor that lives on that side and then across the other side of the street and clear off that side as the guy waves to me all the time and I occasionally have a conversation with him and then across the street and clear that side also. I have had several people come out and say what do I owe you and I just tell them I used to do this many,many moons ago with my Dads GT 14 clearing the block that we lived on and that you owe me nothing. One of the guys seen me at the carryout and came up and paid for my purchase. I told him he didn't need to do that but he insisted. I really enjoy doing what I do with my Wheel Horses!!!

NOT FOR HIRE!!! Burly :banghead::USA::omg::thumbs::lol:

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

BairleaFarm

People ask why i do it. I enjoy it is the bottom line. A "Not for Hire" sticker would be neat.

kpinnc

I haven't, though I do mow my neighbor's yard for free.

There is a fella here in town who I've seen hauling around a 520-H to mow with. Looks like he takes pretty good care of it though...

Kevin

Teddy da Bear

When my health went south.... I started taking care of elderly folks.

Gave me a real sense of accomplishment. Damn kids of theirs never helped

them out or did things for them.

I mowed their lawns....did plumbing, electrical.....whatever needed doing.

At one time I was taking care of 3 households. Just enough money for gas.