Ol'Red

Snow/Dozer Blade Help

dmoore

[]

20131231_091237_zpsdebc18f2.jpg

008_zps7d6b581b.jpg

Im going back out to the garage to look at this again..be back soon!

TT

Correct - but as I previously stated - it's for a 5xi series tractor which has a different transaxle than your tractor.

dmoore

Well it does accept front as well as rear implements...the difference that I can see is the diameter of the round stock..the one that was welded on top of the frame that I cut off is smaller in dia and fits in the throats, although it is a bit loose. The one on the frame is a bit larger and will not quite seat into the throat's of the quick attach. Either way, I don't see how this hitch is going to work with this blade. The lift pin on the tractor is bigger diameter than the two holes in the tab on the frame...I've seen adapter plates on the site made...So, Do I need a different rear hitch? Another question, does the rear frame attach from the front, rear or bottom? This is not as easy as I first thought....Dave

Edited by dmoore

dmoore

That appears to be a factory 5xi series rear hitch.

You would have to modify the back of the plow frame to enable it to snap into that hitch when mounted on an "early" tractor.

So....If I welded it back on It still would not lock in unless I had the OEM type hitch as you show in the above pic?

TT

Yes - the correct OEM rear hitch would make it easier.

*Check your private messages.*

dmoore

Looks like I'll be looking for an original rear attach...thanks to Steve & Terry for getting me straight!

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Ol'Red:  Looks like you turned over your wear bar as the right side is longer on top than the left in your plow photo (the one above the snow moving photo).   Again, that type of uneven wear may be a indication of something off slightly on the front springs and holes, a bent plow frame or the front plow was ben slightly one way or another.  You did mention it was easier to use one angle vs another.   Might still deserve some more closeup looks.

Edited by Lane Ranger

AMC RULES

I was thinking maybe the quick attach isn't centered on the differential, causing it to wear uneven.   :confusion-shrug:

shorts

Some drives/sidewalks etc. lend themselves to pushing the majority of the snow to one side or the other, which ever side of the plow that is back near the steer tire is going to get the most wear because it has more snow induced weight pushing it down and back, not anything to worry about, just keep man eye on it and change or rotate the wear edge before you damage the plow itself.

If you look at big snowplows in heavy snow country you will see that most front mount straight blade plows are set up with a center pivot that allows the float on the casters or wear pads without any structurally induced torque between the plow and vehicle to end or corner load the plow when it is angled to one side or the other.

bowtieguy

Interesting tech stuff here, huh.....Terry, in your post #16 the on one side of the hitch is a flat plate (mounts on top of axle housing) with two hole... the other side is an angle iron with two hole PLUS another hole in the upper corner....any idea what that little hole is for?

No big thing but my bracket came with both styles of top plate and I'm always courious about those little "extras"!!!

dmoore

That little hole at the top is for the the large lift assist spring that is used when you have a tiller mounted. The spring end goes into that hole on the bracket and into an an eye on long all thread that is secured to a bracket on top of the tiller...loosen the nut on the tractor side and crank down on the nut tiller side to stretch the spring and make it easier to pickup the tiller with the lift handle...works good too!