Sign in to follow this  
rmaynard

Throttle Shaft Bushings for #22 Carburetor (K161/181)

rmaynard

Does anyone know where to find throttle shaft bushings for the K161/181 (#22) carburetor?

Brian Miller shows them available on his web site, but I have been unable to get him to respond to my emails inquiring about availability.

joel_400

Last time i needed one I had to make it. Seems they are available for the bigger carbs but not the smaller ones. You might check Lakota racing I know they make them for the bigger ones but might be able to do them for the smaller ones. The bigger ones are a couple bucks a piece. Hope this helps.

Joel

rmaynard

Thanks Joel. I have purchased the larger ones before, but never the smaller ones. I already talked with Lacota, and they do not make them.

squonk

possibly Then & now Automotive? I had them redo my vacuum fuel pump. Pretty quick service.

http://www.maritimedragracing.com/then_and_now_automotive.htm

Edited by squonk

buckrancher

are you sure it's the carb body and not the throttle shaft thats wore

if you need it fixed you have my address

Brian

dclarke

Bob, I think I remember Martin saying that he gets a bushing at Ace Hardware for those carbs. Maybe he'll chime in if he sees this.

rmaynard

Brian

I mic'd the shaft and it is .213"

buckrancher

new shaft should be .2188

rmaynard

Brian

PM sent

Just measured the throttle shaft bore with a 7/32, and a new .2188 shaft should pit perfectly.

Edited by rmaynard

oaktown1987

ebay has them i ordered a couple

Martin

Bob, I think I remember Martin saying that he gets a bushing at Ace Hardware for those carbs. Maybe he'll chime in if he sees this.

are they the same as the larger carbs? I can't remember if i did Kents carb on his 875 or not. I've done plenty of the bigger carter carbs with the thrust washers.

just answered another post tonight on this, was for the bigger carb though......

without going out in the garage i can't be sure, but i think the carbs are different........

rmaynard

I have not seen any bronze bushings for the #22 on Ebay or anywhere else. The kits for the #26 are larger, as are the little thrust washers. Brian Miller sells them, but good luck getting in touch with him. I've been trying for 3 months.

OAKTOWN - how about sharing the link to the Ebay ad for the ones you bought.

Edited by rmaynard

AMC RULES

Don't know if they contain the sizes you need...

I did an Ebay search based on Martins suggestion in the other post, resulted in some bronze bushing kits available?  

Search "Hillman bushing #58087"

Martin

I have not seen any bronze bushings for the #22 on Ebay or anywhere else. The kits for the #26 are larger, as are the little thrust washers. Brian Miller sells them, but good luck getting in touch with him. I've been trying for 3 months.

OAKTOWN - how about sharing the link to the Ebay ad for the ones you bought.

Yes, the method i mentioned is what i use for the #26 and up carbs. just went and looked at the #22, they are different in that area.

as for the larger carbs, your local ace hardware, or similar, is the best place for the hillman 58087. They are in the oddball hardware drawers section of the stores........ I've never been able to find them on ebay.

Edited by Martin

buckrancher

#22 carb and smaller you need to replace the throttle shaft as you can not use a bushing

Brian

• Like 1