Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Wheel Horse Cut-Away Pics

T-Mo

I hadn't started a worthless thread in this section in a while (like I have any other kind), so I just wanted to add a couple of pics here of cut-aways taken from a couple of WH brochures.

First, I'm not sure where this one came from but I found it either here or some other place on the web (Maybe Terry R. from Pa).

1463841438_200311c31d.jpg

The next is taken from the '86 brochure that Jason sent me. Sorry for the big gap in the middle but it was on two separate pages and I just kind of did a quick and dirty cut and paste job. Not the best, but.....

417-8.jpg

I have to say I love cut-aways. I would love to have the electric lift from the second photo on my 314-8.

Rollerman

Terry by no means a worthless thread.

Those are neat, can you send them to my email so I could see them full size?

Greg B.

Terry,

Thanks muchly. I had seen the top one, like you, somewhere on the web. The second is new to me.

Greg B.

Nick

This cut away is in my local dealers showroom. Says its a 1968.

cutaway001.jpgcutaway003.jpg

cutaway004.jpg

T-Mo

Nick,

Nice. I love displays. My local Toro dealer not only has the old "Wheel Horse Lawn and Garden Tractors" sign still on the building, but a RJ-58 inside the building on display. I want to take a picture of it someday when I remember to bring my camera next time I'm there.

Curmudgeon

Now THAT is a cut away. Really gives you an idea of the steel and cast iron used in these old girls.

Dale

TT

Did any of you guys happen to notice the Hydro "dash tower" on this manual transmission equipped display tractor?

I know it's just for demonstration, but I noticed it right away. I guess it beats cutting the back end off of one from a gear drive tractor?

The frame is definitely from the 1966 to 1969 era, as indicated by the hood mounting bracket.

And yes, the C-145 cutaway is from a 1983/1984 brochure of mine. That is also where the picture of all of the tractors parked in front of the old South Bend plant came from.

Terry (the other one :D )