cod

snowblower frame adjustments???

cod

Decided to remove the mower deck and attach the snowblower to the 418A today and while it all went together smoothly, I notice that when I went to raise the snowblower the right side came up about 2 inches but the left side was still touching the ground.  Are there any adjustments that I can look for that might account for the left side being low?  The tires are all up to the correct pressure and I've added the wheel weights to the rear wheels but at the moment I can't see anything obvious.

Thanks - Cod

MaineDad

Is the front hitch tight and the blower correctly attached? Post some pictures.

69mach

While on this subject how high should the blower lift off the ground? Thanks.

cheesegrader

Should lift about 3"

Check your mounts.  Front and back.

Something is not in properly.

The blower should stay parallel to the ground.

cod

Thanks for the responses and I went out today and took a look at the front of the tractor where the frame of the snow blower connects and found three nuts that hold it to the frame of the tractor.  I loosened them up and rotated the attachment plate slightly to the right to see if this would help.  I could only move it about 1/16 of and inch but it did help some and now the left side of the snow blower comes up to about an inch off the ground.  It also appears that the lift rod attachment to the blower is not centered on the blower and perhaps that may have something to do with it as well.  I suspect that if I took a round file to the bolt holes I could turn them into slots and gain more rotation but I'll try this for now and see what happens.

dbartlett1958

Cod,

I had a similar experience with my blower last winter. What my case turned out to be was one of the E-clips on the end of the rod that the front latch pivots on came off. This allowed one side of the blower frame to sit lower in the bracket. Take a look and make sure the rod sticks out both sides of the bracket and still has the E-rings on each end.

cod

Cod,

I had a similar experience with my blower last winter. What my case turned out to be was one of the E-clips on the end of the rod that the front latch pivots on came off. This allowed one side of the blower frame to sit lower in the bracket. Take a look and make sure the rod sticks out both sides of the bracket and still has the E-rings on each end.

Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion and what I found was that one of the locking legs of the front attachment device was slightly worn so that when you lifted the snow thrower, that side drop down so that the thrower was crooked.  I inspected the front attachment as best I could but I did not see anything wrong with any of the rods or the slide that holds the two locking legs in place.  There's a pulley setup that was mounted there to drive the mower deck but that comes off to mount the snow thrower.  What I decided to do was cut a piece of 1/2 inch conduit lengthwise so that I ended up with a 1 inch long U shaped shim that I slipped under the mounting bar on the snow thrower and this took up all the slop so the the thrower lifts evenly.

Of course today was around 60 here in MD so what little snow we had is fading fast so it will be a green and brown Christmas this year...

cleat

My blower was doing this as well. I found I did not have the proper lift assist spring on the right side. I installed the proper spring and it now lifts level and also I can easily lift the blower from in front by hand easily so it should ride over the snow nicely as well now.

I have a 520 with the 2 stage blower.