TravelinJavelin

Is it possible to use the longer plow frame on the pre 73 raider or charger models?

TravelinJavelin

I'm looking at maybe another machine to mount my plow on to and wanted to know if a long frame plow would fit a 71 raider or charger?

Sparky

I think those machines (1971's) are long frame tractors.....so yes it will work perfectly.

Mike.............

TravelinJavelin

Awesome thanks just wasn't sure?

sorekiwi

All you ever wanted to know about snow plows: 

TravelinJavelin

ok another ?? now that I've looked at the plow frames and determined I have a 520 plow frame with the extension now I haven't messed with it yet but can the extension be taken off and used on standard models from 73 up?

Sparky

Yep, couple pins on the rear part, a single bolt on the lift piece and its off. Heres where you will have an issue, the angle lever in the 520 extension kits was bent back toward the operator, no fixing that except replacing it with the correct one. I bet one of our used parts vendors right here on Redsquare can hook you up tho.

If you never plan to purchase a 520 you might consider selling the extension parts, those kits when complete with all three parts bring good money.

Mike......

TravelinJavelin

so your saying the lever that the lever that you release with the cable is the one that's not going to fit correct or the lower rod to angle the plow?

Sparky

The lever that you grip with your hand is the one thats going to be to far back. About 4" I think. It might work but the ergonomics will be lousy.

Mike..........

squonk

Take off the extension and mount it and try it out. I think it would work. Good enough for my taste anyway

TT

One of my dozer blades was kitted for a 520. I removed the extensions but kept the offset lever and it works great on my 416 and GT-1848.

fc10070e-bc97-4a3c-9df3-2c070b60f29a.jpg

When the blade is angled fully to the right, it's easier to reach the lever.

I'm not too sure about footrest interference on the earlier tractors.  :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

953 nut

If you are using a manual PTO clutch rather than electric you may need to remove the engagement lever and top bracket to be able to use the blade angle lever.

Good luck and :wwp: 

Scotsman

If the long frame didn't fit I would trade you my 6-2132 which is made for yours.....and yours for my 312-8first

I live in Massachusetts.

Your in Maine......

TravelinJavelin

well I got mine to fit and works great I never had a tractor that could do as much as this thing does and it will push a lot of snow I was really impressed this  last storm we got 14" where I live and once I was able to get some runs with it and would literally push it up hill but I got to greedy and broke some pins and hardware and no one was open so I threw on the snowblower  and snow went away, very impressed!