stevebo

1949 Chevy Pick Up... New Find

stevebo

I was thinking maybe throw an RJ35 in the back then pull the boat... 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Yeah...just to tip it over the top.   :bow-blue: 

squonk

Spruce up the trailer some and you'll be almost all set.  :thumbs: all that's left is a " Skipper" hat and a pair of "Gilligan" shoes.

stevebo

Mike-

I bought the color matched white on the boat for the trailer yesterday.. I think I need to stray that through a gun once boat is done and off the trailer. 

Ken B

That is looking fantastic Steve. I can't wait till we get both boats out together for some lake cruising, I have a feeling we will be doing that often...

I'm glad I passed this boat your way... I knew one of us had to have it.. It took my son Jesse to remind me how close my prized 1949 wood race boat came to getting destroyed by a huge limb that fell within inches of it. I can't escape the trees in my yard and whenever the wind blew I was worried. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if a vintage wood boat gets destroyed on my watch...

I have been hitting the Duratec pretty hard the last few days... You better have some Ray-Bans on when you see it....

Ken B

I'd also like to add...I got dibs on the boat if Steve ever decides to sell!

stevebo

Ken-

You finally called "dibs" on something!! You got dibs on this boat but.... I think it may be similar to the Dart and the SR. (they ain't for sale)-lol

Ken B

I know it won't be for sale, I just figured I had to call dibs on something! :laughing-rofl:

stevebo

Here are a few more pics with the motor put back on. The last picture shows the three old style vintage life vests I picked up at the local flea market this past weekend for $5.00. I hope to bring the boat down to the guy who makes covers and get a price on cockpit covers, full trailer cover and some seat pads. If the price is right I will have him do it next week while we are at the big show!

post-734-0-83472300-1402353290_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-37177900-1402353309_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-09459000-1402353333_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-09593000-1402353675_thumb.jpg

Uncle Buck

I plan on installing seat belts and not cracking 55mph- lol ! This one will not be a hot rod so I am sure that the bias ply tires will be fine.

I don't think you will need to worry about much more than 50mph unless you want to hear that ol engine screamin like a banshee! Most of those old trucks are geared so low 50mph is about top end under best circumstances..........

Pullstart

Having spent quite a bit of time on Lake Michigan, it's hard to imagine that boat taking so many hits from the waves!  And to know it was built in my home town, that's awesome!  Have fun with her.

stevebo

This boat is currently at the upholstery shop getting some final touches. New seat cushions and covers. 

• Like 1

grnlark

Steve, the boat is undeniably cool as he--, but this thread has now lost direction. I want to see more of the truck! :offtopic:

• Like 1

stevebo

Nothing new with the truck..... 

grnlark

Any more progress on the truck?

stevebo

Nadda..... Not looking good to make it to the Kent show unless I have it on a trailer lol. I have been super busy with work and some other hobbies.... 

fireman

The boat and engines are taking over!!

Ken B

I don't know Jeff, the tractors still out number the boats and outboards at Steve's place by a pretty wide margin.

stevebo

About 25 tractors to 8-10 outboards and 2 boats at the house...  :ychain:

stevebo

Trying to miaggi ..

fireman

Antique cars/trucks, Wheel Horse tractors, boats and engines! To many irons in the fire. Like Vin says, "Focus".  :ychain:

Like I should be talking with my A.D.D! Sometimes the medication doesn't even help.

AMC RULES

Don't forget... :handgestures-thumbsup: 

property developer. 

Ken B

Don't forget year round Wrestling coach and aren't you now The El Presidente?

Edited by Ken B

stevebo

Oh yeah and there is that thing called work too !!!  lol I need to figure out a way to relax a little.