stevebo

1949 Chevy Pick Up... New Find

fireman

I think he just got back from someplace warm! I tried texting and calling him a few times and haven't heard back.

stevebo

I got back from Cancun Mexico where I had a company sales conference from Friday until late last night. Hopefully I can do some work on it Sunday..... All the parts I need for it are here.

squonk

I got back from Cancun Mexico where I had a company sales conference from Friday until late last night. Hopefully I can do some work on it Sunday..... All the parts I need for it are here.

HUH!! You're in Cancun whilst we are in Arendtsville at a winter  :wh: show having tobaggan races, snowblowing competitions and freezing our butts off!  :notworthy:  :ROTF:  :ychain:  :)

Edited by squonk

Ken B

Sales conference...So that is what you guys call it! :ychain:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Yep...   :hilarious:

smokin' cigars I bet. 

stevebo

2 rounds of golf, jetski rentals in the surf and lots of drinks and cigars.... Back to reality now... and of course some "views" on the beach-lol

fireman

Hopefully you caught some of those "VIEWS" on your phone to share with your buddies!!!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:scared-eek:      :eusa-doh:    :angry-nono:     

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi3OnJT4Qjw

:laughing-rolling:

stevebo

Are you crazy jeff?? NEVER take pics for momma to find on my phone ... lol

fireman

OK, you can text them to me, my wife doesn't mind!

Agage1

This was my 52. I was forced to sell it afew years ago when the construction economy crashed around here. I still see it on the road from time to time

post-7610-0-10555400-1391134118_thumb.jp

Coadster32

Dang..that's a nice truck there. :handgestures-thumbupright:

stevebo

I have the motor and tranny all set up with new clutch and throwout bearings in stalled ready to drop in the truck. I am just waiting for some better weather to do so. These temps are killing me !!

chip61

Yea it's a little cold to be working on it right now. I know you can't wait to have it running and ready to drive!!!

Wishin4a416

What a nice piece to start with. Looks real solid. Not like the rust buckets here in Pa. that tht the salt has eatin up.

Looks great. I always wanted a 50-52 fastback car to redo. My Dad had one when I was young. Long long time ago.

stevebo

Thanks Jack. Fireman (Jeff) came over Friday and helped me drop the new motor in the truck. We had just enough time to get it set in the truck but I still have to bolt the motor mounts down. I plan on pushing it back into the garage tomorrow then taking my time to install the new wiring harness and finishing up the interior. From this point forward will be a slow go but it will be the fun work towards getting it on the road !! Hopefully I will get some pictures tomorrow of the motor installed.

• Like 1

stevebo

Here is a pic of the motor sitting in the truck. Looks pretty good I think.

post-734-0-40721300-1391986323_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-07177800-1392077865_thumb.jpg

grnlark

Very nice Steve!

Ken B

I had the distinct pleasure of crawling around under Steve's truck for a few hrs. this past Saturday, all I can say is this truck is rock solid! There is almost no rust anywhere. There is no reason it won't last another 65 yrs.  Steve is doing an awesome job bringing Ole Red back! I can't wait to see Brennan and Steve rollin into a tractor show with the Senior or an RJ in tow...

stevebo

I wanted to thank you again for your help Ken. As usual you know "how to" do pretty much anything mechanical. I am most looking forward to riding in this with Brennan (my son) to the flea market on Sunday mornings and general bopping around the area just cruising...

AMC RULES

So, is it alive yet?   :scratchead: 

stevebo

Craig- I wish that I could spend more time on it but time has been limited.... I still have to rewire the entire truck before I get to that point. It will be much easier once the weather gets a little better.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Understood...who has time for anything besides snow removal lately.

Enough already, right?    :)  

stevebo

It has been a while since my last update on this project. Now that that nicer weather is here I am able to get back to working on it. I put the bed back on. I started to install the new wiring harness today. It was one made for this truck so it is going together pretty good. I will need some help with the final wiring since this motor is set up for 12 volt and there will be a few mods that need to be done. I also got the 4th rim painted and tire mounted and balanced. I decided to go without the hubcaps and install some longer chrome lugs which I think got the look I wanted. I may end up installing some trim rings too. My goal is to be able to drive this truck to the Kent show in the fall with an RJ loaded up in the back!! 

post-734-0-82677200-1399939324_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-09612500-1399939357_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

chip61

Glad to see truck is coming along nicely! It'll look great with an RJ in the bed!!