Watch3612

Homemade Ladder Frame ?

Watch3612

I believe the plow frame that came with the C-175 is homemade but it may just be a third party manufacturer. In all my looking on this forum, I haven't found anything exactly the same in frame design, use of the front tach-a-matic or rear frame mount setup.Thoughts?

post-11476-0-31123000-1385084768.jpg

post-11476-0-38788200-1385084779.jpg

post-11476-0-30381500-1385084809.jpg

Sparky

Yep, its homemade. Attaching at the bottom of the frame to tranny mount is asking for trouble, thats a weak spot.

Plows are not real expensive, should be able to get one for $150 and the rear axle mount for another $50. I would rather drop $200 on the right plow rather than risk busting my frame to transmission mount.

Mike............

Watch3612

Thanks for the insight...also, noticed your right in CT as well. Everything I take apart has issues, all of which seem to be the result of the previous owner(s) handy work. Given the tractor cost me $50 in beer, my expectations weren't all that high to begin with.

On a different note (and hopefully as easy as the first question), but partially pictured above, I can't get the braking system to align and adjust. The band doesn't get tight enough, as there isn't enough movement in the lever arm. Is this a function of the band stretching or the drum wearing down?

brandonozz

There is an adjusting bolt on the brake band.  Does your brake band still have a liner?  My liner was gone on my C120-8 so I cut a leather belt to size and used epoxy to hold it in place to the inside of the band.

69mach

I have a frame if you need one, plow was bent up bad. Do you have axle bracket on the tractor?

Watch3612

No brake pad/liner inside the shoe, which explains why the drum was wrapped in duct tape. There seem to be a few good ones on ebay, so I'll probably grab one of those as long as they don't vary in size.. I have the dual pin style brake band, which I think is very common.

With regards to the frame, I could use one as I have the blade; however, I need the rear mount as well and I'm not sure if the existing, welded-in rear mount will interfere. I think it's narrow enough to fit inside the ladder structure, but have to confirm. Thanks for throwing that our there.

Sparky

Theres a complete blade with a frame on e-bay right now for $150 buy it now. And its in Connecticut! Not sure where you are in Ct.

Mike............