pawillie1947

D180 transaxle

pfrederi

I would not waste my money on Synthetic until I was sure the pump and motor valve plates and slippers were not damaged.  The screen only gets the big stuff.  The small stuff is more than enough to severely damage the plats and slippers.  The filter only filters the oil after it has gone by the plates/slippers.

If you buy a used transaxle you will still have to address your pump which I am 95% sure was damaged by all the metal running around your system.  Sorry to be pessimistic but You really should pull the pump and go over it before you waste a whole lot of time....

I went and replaced the pump and the motor on my D200 ( both from "good working tractors") still had issues.  Bought a couple more pumps and motors (again from "good working tractors).  Swapping parts and spending a lot of time polishing valve plates and slippers i was finally able to come up with a good pump and a good motor.  She is a strong girl now.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 2

ol550

If it's any comfort or not, had this happen to a GT-14 and the hydro still works fine. :dunno:

GT14008.jpg

• Like 1

coldone

Be prepared to tear into the pump and motor. The screen kept the big pieces out but the little pieces will eat up the valve plates.