wheelhorse66

wheelhorse 1056 dies while riding

wheelhorse66

my 1056 keeps shutting off all at once after you ride it for about 5 minutes,could it be that the battery keeps dieing and killing the motor because it dont have a voltage regulator on it, it has a 8hp kohlor on it

953 nut

As long as the battery has some voltage (don't even need a full charge) it should be enough to make a good spark. I would check the points and put in a new Champion H-10 to begin with. Also, take a good look at the gas filter.

Hope this helps.

WH nut

Does it restart, or do you have to charge the battery or let it cool?

wheelhorse66

i have to jump it every time, but it will start right back up and then shut off, i dont think the battery has enough juce to run it and keep spark, is there any way to run it without a battery?

WH nut

Without a regulator on it you aren't charging the battery. First things first. Get a regulator on it and make sure its charging and see what it does. If it still dies we can work from there

rmaynard

With no battery, you would need an alternate constant source of 12 volts to supply the coil and keep it running. With no regulator, your battery charger/jumper is supplying that voltage. The only engines that run without a battery are those with a magneto.