Shuboxlover

GT14 hydro...

Shuboxlover

I'm picking up a 69 GT14 tomorrow (has a BUNCH of attachments!!!!!!) and the owner says the hydro is bad.  If, upon further inspection I do determine that the hydro is bad, he said it was weak going up hills and such, Is a rebuild kit available for it and how much?

Thanks

bowtieguy

probably gonna cost ya some green backs...no kit available that I know of but I used to have an address of a company (in Iowa I think) that overhauled hydro motors on combines...guess your hydro is a probably a Sunstrand...I'll do a search and see what I find....

PS..Tom B just south of you in KS restored a GT and he might have an extra tranny for your GT???

Brrly1

I can say that I am sure that someone here will have the parts that you need to make her a runner. Post some pics when you get a chance. I have four of the 69's. Seems to be the tractor for me. Let us know how you do on this. Good luck

pfrederi

You can get some parts from LJ fluid power in MI. (269) 623-4150

Parts are very very pricey.

There are several thread here about repairing Sundstrands.  The description you gave sounds like the valve plates are damaged.  Patience very fine wet sand paper and crocus cloth may resolve you problem.

Shuboxlover

I Just Bought A c-175 Parts Tractor Last Week (No Engine Among Other Things) will The Hydro Pump From That Work In The Gt14?

...Yes, The 175 Is An Auto :)

Edited by Shuboxlover

953 nut

:woohoo:   Love my GT14, the problem you have sounds like mine when I first got it. The springs on the acceleration valves were all broken up and had made the transsmission very slugish.

The first thing to look at would be the tow valve. If it is in the tow position that would do it. Also new fluid and filter would be a good thing.

If the hydralic lift work well then the pump is probably not the problem. I ended up buying a good used Hydro from Joe's on ebay. It was from a Raider so I had to change the output shaft, but the rest was a bolt up. I posted a tutorial on the change out process on this site so you can see what is involved.

Download the manual and you will see what it takes to change out the acceleration valves. If your valves are able to be used you can contact refracman and he can hook you up with a man that has the springs.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Sparky

I Just Bought A c-175 Parts Tractor Last Week (No Engine Among Other Things) will The Hydro Pump From That Work In The Gt14?

...Yes, The 175 Is An Auto :)

If your C-175 has this model# (01-17KS02) its a Sundstrand. I dont know if its an exact match but it is the same brand. If your model# has an "E" instead of the "S" its an Eaton 1100 and will definitly not interchange.

Mike............

Shuboxlover

Here are this pics....I hope I didn't pay too much for this thing.  Came with a TON of attachments...harrow, disc, aerator, tiller, dozer blade, deck, manuals....ALL Wheel Horse

IMG_20131115_183747_052_zpsfd3938c9.jpg

IMG_20131115_183730_849_zps18ef0b26.jpg

IMG_20131115_183801_917_zpsab8e83ff.jpg

IMG_20131115_183754_597_zps7ac7f7f6.jpg

IMG_20131115_183900_283_zps03fdc973.jpg

IMG_20131115_184017_435_zpse0588edc.jpg

IMG_20131115_183853_098_zps624074e7.jpg

IMG_20131115_183846_181_zps742e3a61.jpg

IMG_20131115_183831_754_zpsb37918f9.jpg

Edited by Shuboxlover
  • Like 2

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   With the fenders removed you will be able to check out the acceleration valves and springs. Let us know what you find.