kudzu3

which muffler?

kudzu3

Restoring a b80 with 181 engine, would like to have it as quiet as possible. Any thoughts on a very quiet exhaust system? Thanks!

Ken B

I'd find the original muffler that it came with, which would be a Nelson. Thjey have a nice mellow tone.

• Like 1

zanepetty

I tried to buy a nelson. For 3 weeks actually before they finally told me the muffler I wanted was going to take 72 days to get to me. I tried to buy another and they sent me the wrong one. So I went with a Stanley IH 20. I know its not original but it looks GREAT and it extremely quiet. Much quieter than the original one that came on mine haha.

leeave96

I tried to buy a nelson. For 3 weeks actually before they finally told me the muffler I wanted was going to take 72 days to get to me. I tried to buy another and they sent me the wrong one. So I went with a Stanley IH 20. I know its not original but it looks GREAT and it extremely quiet. Much quieter than the original one that came on mine haha.

Can you post a pic?

zanepetty

Not right now. Look up an IH 20 on Google images. They r extremely nice looking and I got mine for 30 bucks. I also put a rain flap on it. Let me know what you think.

I can't take pics right now or I would. I'm sorry.

leeave96

Not right now. Look up an IH 20 on Google images. They r extremely nice looking and I got mine for 30 bucks. I also put a rain flap on it. Let me know what you think.I can't take pics right now or I would. I'm sorry.

Looks great. I've got those style mufflers on two of my IH Cub Cadets.

zanepetty

I love them. I highly recommend them.

kudzu3

I'm convinced, thanks. If anyone has a picture of the Stanley installed, I'd sure like to see it. Does this installation require additional support?

zanepetty

No it doesn't. If yours comes with that bracket on the back side of it, just cut it off. Its just spot welded on.