tarcoleo

PTO Friction Disc

bowtieguy

Maybe....but you can still buy the correct WH clutch facing with rivet holes (p/n 4365) and rivets (p/n 6657) and the facing without holes from Toro...kinda pricieeeeee...but at least they are not green!!

tarcoleo

"Pricey" is the problem my post addresses.  -even used on Ebay they are becoming out of sight..

groundhog47

You would need an attachment method, epoxy,ect or fashion rivet holes (recessed). Then cut outside dia to true disc plate dia while maintaining concentricity for balance. I'm still pursueing this with another suppliers ( Mc..-Carr) material. My son assures me he could  true it on the milling machine, the rivet holes are still unsolved. Several have mentioned a good epoxy. I'm not in a hurry but sought a less costly solution which prob costs same with all the other involved steps.

tarcoleo

I believe the Deere disc would extend only a small fraction of an inch beyond the steel disc. ~1/8"

Were you to use the McCarr material it would cost more and involve more work.  I would epoxy

the Deere disc to the steel plate, then drill, countersink, and rivet.  Pretty straight forward.

the slight oversize could be trimmed or ignored.  Just saying...

Edited by tarcoleo
  • Like 1

Don1977

That disk is for a full size 30 plus HP tractor. Wheel Horse disk is 6 3/4" diameter you would have to trim it.

Edited by Don1977

whfan74

I believe I have some extra discs. Pm me and we will see if we can get you squared away.

specialwheelhorse

It will work just fine. My son inlaw has one on a raider now and working great

I bought 3 at Bearing and supply of Tupelo Ms. 2 were 6 in dia. and 1 was 6 1/2

You can get them many different diameters, all three cost me 25.40 tax title and all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just go wild and spend all the money you want , but for me I'll save my hard to

come by green. Oh by the way I bought these in 2012 and I have one on a charger now.

item nos tol-fp6035 friction pad

tol-fp6545 friction pad

The old titewad in Texas

608KEB

Go online to Jacks Small Engine. I bought the disc and rivets for $30.00. I thought that was reasonable. :wh:  :eusa-think:

bowtieguy

Bump  ...608KEB, was the facing you got from Jacks a 6.00" or 6.75" clutch facing?

Bump.....Scott, I sent you a PM

My C-145 has the 6.75" riveted on the plate....I have rivets...just need the facing......anyone have an update?...I refuse to pay the 75+ bucks for the facing bonded to the plate available from Toro....

Guess I'll join the titewad clan from Texas!!!

4;45 pm update:...I just spoke with a fine gentleman named Terry at Bearing and Supply in Tupelo MS (662-840-8099) and he has (9) 6.50" x .125" thickness in stock....so I bought (3) and he will drop them in the USPS box today.

He has different center hole styles....I selected the one with a 3" center hole....think I can make it work...plan to bond it to the back plate the drill holes and countersink for the rivet head.

Price was less than 15 bucks....so maybe I saved 50 bucks today...time will tell

Edited by bowtieguy

N3PUY

I went to the local brake relining shop and got a 7" square of 3/32 lining. Charged me $1. Marked it out, cut the center hole, JB Weld to the

plate with a weight on it over night, trimmed the outside the next day. Works perfect! Also use JB Weld to reline the brake band. Yep...

I'm cheap!

• Like 2

specialwheelhorse

Had a good friend federal marshal from minasota

and really had to laugh. He says Yankees ain't stupid

They just don't know any better ! !