thehorse

Blower installation question

thehorse

It's about that time of year to install the single stage blower on the 314-8. I've done this for the last 3 years, but can't remember which hole the flag goes in. Anyone have a pic. Would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sparky

Here ya go..............

Mike..........

squonk

Depending on the tractor, putting on the flag is a pain. I keep one on my C-145 all the time. I just tie it up.

thehorse

The photos on the link seem to show the flag being inserted in the lower hole on the lift lever in one and in the other, the higher hole???? Thats what I always get screwed up on. I think it's the upper???????

Ed Kennell

My C-120 needs the flag in the top hole.

Sparky

The photos on the link seem to show the flag being inserted in the lower hole on the lift lever in one and in the other, the higher hole???? Thats what I always get screwed up on. I think it's the upper???????

Your right....its the upper hole.

Mike.........

Irv

Upper hole which helps making it just a tad easier to lift. And put a "lift assist spring" on to make it a little easier to lift. I just took mine off the 314-8 and put it on a C-141 Auto w/hydraulic lift that I recently picked up. Now it's real easy to lift!

Indy443

I have a question relating to the lift assist spring. I ordered one from here last winter, late in the winter and then never installed it. When I went out to attach the blower this morning I got it all attached up but couldn't figure out how to install the lift assist spring. I downloaded my blower models manual and found the instructions on installing the spring. But I think I might have some pieces missing on my setup?

I have a 312-8 with a single stage snowblower. Can anyone walk me through (with pictures!) how to install the lift assist spring?

Many thanks!

Jesse

Ed Kennell

I have a question relating to the lift assist spring. I ordered one from here last winter, late in the winter and then never installed it. When I went out to attach the blower this morning I got it all attached up but couldn't figure out how to install the lift assist spring. I downloaded my blower models manual and found the instructions on installing the spring. But I think I might have some pieces missing on my setup?

I have a 312-8 with a single stage snowblower. Can anyone walk me through (with pictures!) how to install the lift assist spring?

Many thanks!

Jesse

Here ya go..............

Mike..........

Go to Mikes snowblower install pics.    ED

thehorse

You should have an I bolt with a double nut. This hooks to the flag. Back it off all the way until the double nuts are barely holding in order to shorten the distance of the eye part of the bolt and the bar that the footrest mount at to. Raise the blower and hook on bar. Put some turns on the eyebolt nuts to add a little lift.