squonk

Some how Wheel Horse got a picture of me riding Marvin. I want Royalties!!!

squonk

Picked up a 73 12 8 spd  from the original owner last weekend and he gave me a box of stuff. Some used belts, points, fuel pump kits ect. Also in the box were 2 pretty much used up and I'm sure dried up Wheel Horse touch-up spray cans. I pulled out the first one and there's me on Marvin in the pic!

image_zps60807938.jpg

The other can is much older. It's kind of neat seeing the difference in the label graphics through the years. These are going on my shelf.

image_zps288478b0.jpg

Plus some brochures, owners manuals, receipt for the original purchase, a letter from WH confirming he had a bad clutch switch, quality control tag ect.

image_zpsde8c7572.jpg

image_zps2ea9a450.jpg

image_zpsa14c466a.jpg

image_zps8db777c2.jpg

image_zps7c472e4e.jpg

Edited by squonk
  • Like 4

Jake Kuhn

Very cool!

JimD

It's nice to have the touch up paint from the era of the tractor, but it's really special to have the original sale documentation, :thumbs:

stevasaurus

With the new rules in place...I hate to give you a rough time...but it has been a long time since you looked like that. :)   Nice find Mike.

• Like 1

squonk

With the new rules in place...I hate to give you a rough time...but it has been a long time since you looked like that. :)   Nice find Mike.

Are we talkin hair color, waistline or both?? :jaw:  :)

• Like 1

AMC RULES

How old is that can?   :naughty: 

I think you've got it bass ackwards...

you owe them for copying their :wh: paint job. 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Mike, I remember you walking past me at the show, empty handed...and then I remember you walking past me, in the other direction,  with a load of what you had just bought.  You were like a kid in a candy store...cracked me up.  It is one of my favorite memories of any of the shows.  You must have walked past me at least 4 times that day...maybe more.  Not the same hair as on the paint can, not the same waist, no tie, but a kid in a candy store for sure.  It was an excellent day Mate. :)

• Like 2

squonk

I wore out a pair of shoes at that show. Next year I hope to set up closer to the parking lot. I also hope I won't need so much stuff next year. If you thought me walking back and forth was funny, you should have seen me driving the 704 to the lot with the AG's I got from Zeek on my lap!

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1