glgrumpy

Lift link/spring for D series blade???

glgrumpy

This part was missing from my blade when purchased. I now found and recvd from epay seller. Not real clear to me, why this set-up us used, instead of just a solid link like most other models. I NOW have just a chain, but can't do downpressure. Thinking this link with spring must be to do that, yet have "freeplay" in case of bump?  the spring is adjustable for tension, and have no idea what or how to do that. Not much info in the owner's manual on this assembly.  You guys know what I'm talking about w/out a picture?

Trouty56

I know exactly the part you are talking about...the blade is heavy enough and I never have needed down pressure....and without locking the rock shaft there isn't down pressure anyway...

I might have to lock it down and see if the spring loaded lift link does anything...

dparke

Sorry for what might be a silly question, but what is the rockshaft?  I have a D200 and this same link/spring, and I'm not sure how it accomplished downpressure.

Thanks!

-Dan

Trouty56

I am referring to the shaft that turns when the hydraulic cylinder opens and closes.  Look under the tractor when there are no attachments....study the way it is assembled.  you will notice that there is free play in one direction and a stop in the other.  It will catch the stop while in the lift/push action however when lowering/pulling the shaft will turn on itself to provide float for a deck/plow/blower.  To prevent this float action a pin must be placed across 3 tabs on the shaft.

I thought I had a pic but I can't find it.

Trouty56

Maybe bell crank is the term I should be using.....not sure.....

Edited by Trouty56

gwest_ca

1973-1974 manual

1975 manual

Garry