Kelly

Great Football story about kids

Kelly

I would like to share a story about my youngest son's football team, First I'm so glade we moved to a small town to have and raise our kids, the community is awesome and you can see that in the kids here, the young man in the story has been a buddy of my son for a while now, and has lots of friends now that he is getting involved, in more stuff like football. 

We were setting in the stands watching the game when all this happened, none of us had a clue, the boys did this for Keith all on their own with the blessing of the coach's.

I have to say this brings a tear to my eyes every time I watch the video, so dang proud of the team.

At first the local paper came and talked to the team, then the local TV station heard about it and came out for a interview at their next game, they put it on the 6pm news that night and it was not pushed to the end of the broadcast, it was the second story of the night, then they posted it on Face Book, it was a hit, so they reposted it, because they thought it was worth telling again. 

​I hope this link to the news cast works, let me know if the video works or not. 

http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/Olivet-Special-Needs-Student-Scores-Touchdown-227533941.html

• Like 5

otrelwood

Super story great bunch of kids!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

illinilefttackle

Kelly- doesn't it just touch your soul? With the world seemingly turning crazy.....then we see that the hope of our country was there all the time....right under our noses!   Great bunch of boys-Congrats to them!-Al

• Like 1

Sparky

Great story and a great bunch of kids! No doubt it was ahuge confidence booster for that young man.

Mike.............

PS...that commercial has me aching for a Carmel apple coffee!! Any chance you could ship one my way??

• Like 1

JC 1965

Wow ! That is one heart warming story. Thanks for sharing it Kelly.    :thumbs2:

JimD

A very touching story, and a tribute to a fine bunch of kids. Maybe our future is in good hands after all. Thanks Kelly, made my day. :)

KC9KAS

That is a very special story from a special bunch of friends of this young boy.

That is an advantage of "Small Town USA"!

Coadster32

Great story indeed. Glad to hear it was the 2nd one the night also. Thanks for sharing.

AMC RULES

Very nice Kelly...thanks for sharing it.  

kaiser

that's a really touching story. thanks for sharing, a nice start to the day.

those are some great kids!

papaglide

Awesome Kelly! Thanks for sharing. Just shows that if we let kids be kids they are alright! May God bless them all!

perry

cool story , That was great what the team did .

Kelly

Well I guess someone from CBS caught wind of this story, and tue they are sending a news crew out from NY to film the team, and do interviews, not sure if it will be the night news or the day time morning show yet, but they are going national, joking the boys are saying ESPN next.

They had a great game today winning 66 to 0 they are running high, even Keith had a great game. 

mowerman1193

That sure is an awesome story.. I too am glad that I pulled my kids out of the school system they was in and sent them to a small town school..

Kevin

Kelly

Just heard it is the CBS nightly news bot sure what day it will air, but I'll update this.

And Kevin small towns are great. 

• Like 1

Kelly

Here is a new update on the story, the team made National news on CBS I'm so proud to be from this small town with a great bunch of kids, they are lucky and don't even know it. 

Here is a link to the CBS news story 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57609427/mich-middle-school-football-team-conspires-for-touching-touchdown/

• Like 1

JC 1965

Kelly, I just wanted to let you know that my wife and I saw this on the  national news last night. It gave me chills all over again. I told my wife, I've seen that before on Red Square  Kelly's son plays on that team. Great story Kelly, you should be very proud of your son and all of the team. ( As I'm sure you are )  Thanks for sharing !!    :thumbs2:

• Like 1

Kelly

we are proud of the whole team, this story I'm sure takes place all over, and just does not get the coverage like this did, it should happen more often, and just be a way of life, but it does not, so I hope others will follow the lead these great young men showed.