stevebo

Horse Stable Build (Mini Version)

stevebo

Chris-

I will NOT be installing the wood stove again. I now have a nice wood stove for sale.... lol

wallfish

I use a propane heater from an RV. Clean, safe, small, easy to install and No open flame to flash gasoline, carb cleaner or what ever else. Mine is a small one about 40,000 BTU but I use a couple of other indoor safe propane heaters to get it warm quick and then just use the RV heater to maintain the heat.

19richie66

I had been watching this build as I have been gathering ideas for my shed.Of course living here in Florida,I dont need heat that bad,Especially once the sun comes out.I am glad no one or nothing was hurt.On the bright side,you now have room for more tractors with the stove gone.

• Like 1

stevebo

Richie-

That is the draw back of having the stove in the first place. Now I have more room for sure.

KC9KAS

Sorry to hear about your fire.

You have made the right move to NOT use the wood stove any longer.

I was a volunteer fire-fighter for 31 years and have seen a lot of garages and barns destroyed....You were very lucky!

A HVAC friend of mine gave me a high efficent gas furnance for my pole barn. It was used and had to be converted to LP, but it was free, and has worked very well.

VinsRJ

That was a close one Steve... gald to see no one and nothing was really damaged...

Same exact situation happened to my brother-in-law with a wood stove... only difference was he lost his entire garage... he now has piped natural gas and a furnace.

grnlark

Glad everything and everyone is safe Steve!

My wife thinks I'm crazy because I don't allow candles anywhere, nor have I ever lit a real fire in the fireplace (we have a gas log in there now). I've always believed that if you light a flame in your house, regardless of how controlled the environment is, you're asking for trouble.

• Like 1

squonk

I freak out at Christmas. My sister lights candles all over her house/. I bought her 2 fire extinguishers last year and wrapped them up with bows and everything.

redidbull

I freak out at Christmas. My sister lights candles all over her house/. I bought her 2 fire extinguishers last year and wrapped them up with bows and everything.

Now a days there is no reason for candles with low power LEDs. I bought 2 LED candles for some sconces in our dining room that even flicker like real candles. Jim

shorts

Start looking, their are deals to be had on furnaces, check with the local HVAC people for scratch and dent units, and new old stock units, wall furnaces, etc.  I found a non working gun and tube radiant heater at an auction for less than scrap price, when I took it apart to bring it home it had a dead bird in the burner, apparently came in thru the flue pipe and made it all the way to the burner.  Removed the bird, reassembled and bench tested good to go. It now resides comfortably in the ceiling of my garage that never freezes, the only down side is when I go out and turn the heat up to shirtsleeve temp. I have to wear a hat to keep my head from burning up until the shop is warm.

edit;  the change from lp to natural gas is usually just a regulator adjustment and/or a primary jet/orifice change.

Edited by shorts

stevebo

Last night I was thinking why not add a shelf to display/store some of the extra motors I have so ... here is what I came up with. I wanted to have enough room to roll the tractors under but strong enough to support the weight of the motors. Putting supports under the shelf would get in the way of the tractor so why not hang it on chains?? I think it came out pretty good.

post-734-0-56975100-1395000377_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-88757100-1395000407_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

JimD

Looks good. I like how you made it get wider as it goes to the right. Nice effect. :)

HorseFixer

Nice looking Horse Stable Steve  :thumbs:

~Duke

flyovrcntry

I was in the contracting business for several years.I had done some fire damage repair and would get calls from time to time.

A guy called me and I repaired some fire damage caused by the fireplace.He had forgotten to put the screen up and went to bed.Well the smoke alarm woke him up,it seems some coals must have popped out and caught the floor.There was a little fire damage , but mostly smoke.

I got a call a month or so later,the house had caught fire again. The fireplace was full masonry,with a ash dump built into the bottom that just dumped into a cavity left from the supporting blocks.After the first fire the guy didn't want to leave coal in the fireplace when he went to bed,so he would open the dump and shovel them in.What he wasn't aware of and you couldn't see was the floor joist ran thru the ash dump,so the coals caught the joist.

The ins. co. paid me to repair the house again,this time was really extensive.They also told the owner they would not insure it again unless he removed the fireplace and that's what we did.