Sign in to follow this  
parsonsponyz

K532 Rod

parsonsponyz

I am hoping that someone here can help with this issue.  I bought a D series tractor that was running on one cylinder.  After pulling the head off I found that the connecting rod is broken, piston not going up and down and up and down like it should.  I was wondering if anybody knows where I could get a connecting rod for and old K532.  I haven't torn the engine down yet so don't know what size it will take, but that really doesn't matter at the moment, just trying to find where to get rods.            

Thanks,

Mark

Buckshot 1

:) Try E-Bay. all kinds of Kohler rods. :flags-usa:

SousaKerry

I would think that any Kohler dealer should be able to order one, but most don't want to bother.  You could try the web dealers like RCPW and these guys http://www.mfgsupply.com/

refracman

those rods have been NLA for some time last one my engine guy rebuilt took him 6/8 months to get a set and they came from Wisconsin thru his dealer network

might be faster and your only option to repower

Hodge71

Another option if the rod is just broken in one place might be to have it professionally welded and then shot-peened to stress relieve the weld area.One its welded and peened the engine guy needs to make sure its perfectly straight before reinstalling. I know from experience that parts for these K series twins, 482/532/582/662 are like hens teeth. It gets really expensive really quick. I know a guy that paid 150 each for 2 rods for a K-482.

parsonsponyz

Thanks for all the help from those that posted.  I found someone that has three rods and will hopefully have the old girl running before the snow flurries arrive.