Sign in to follow this  
cdsl810

Krylon Farm & Implement?

cdsl810

Has anyone tried this stuff? I'm only asking because the "Am Beauty Equipped Red" color in the Farm & Implement variety is a perfect color match for the 1990+ 300,400,500 series. I have never used Krylon before. I've been a Rustoleum or Valspar user. Skeptical... But the color is perfect.

daveoman1966

I have used the Krylon Cherry Red Gloss for years and years for Wheelhorse parts.  Although I've only found it at Valu Home Center in rattle cans, it what I prefer over most others.

rmaynard

Do a search on "Krylon" and read the results. If you are just painting parts to protect them from rust, its a fast drying solution. But having painted a whole tractor with Krylon, only to have it easily chip and never get totally hard, I won't waste my money on Krylon again.

Edited by rmaynard

cdsl810

Thanks, guys. After a little more research, I will probably stay with Rustoleum. If I'm feeling adventurous, my buddy who is a collision expert told me about an automotive line of rustoleum that is an enamel and much more chip/scratch resistant than the original rustoleum paint.

Apparently, they also have a farm & implement line that has IH red as a color choice. He says that stuff seems a bit harder than standard rustoleum as well.

The big box stores don't seem to carry the "good stuff."