Sign in to follow this  
jwl

building a big one

jwl

During the Jacksonville show, discussion came up about some of my walk-behind tractors and I mentioned the fact I was currently building the mother one all 2 wheelers. So long story short here is a picture of what it looks like at this time. Not a completely working unit, it has been test driven and found to function pretty well. Powered by a 9 hp Vangaurd engine, it will someday pull a 16" plow in plowing matches.post-11057-0-43991800-1380485482_thumb.jpost-11057-0-11188600-1380485518_thumb.j

• Like 4

Sparky

Very cool! I had a Sears 10XL years ago.

Mike..........

squonk

:bow-blue:  :scared-eek:  :jaw:  :)

js5020

Hmmm, Ive seen that machine before, always wondered if you made any more progress?

AMC RULES

Very cool looking machine. 

953 nut

:text-bravo: KOOL! What drive train is it you are using? And, how BIG are those Ag tires? :text-coolphotos: 

:USA: 

jwl

No there hasn't been any more progress on it, other than buying parts and pieces, since last fall. Somehow the Ponds and some other items got in the way of that. If I ever manage to find the floor again this fall, I will start taking it aprt for cleaning and primer, then its building of the hitch parts to fit the plow. Then if I get that far, test plowing in the spring.  

The transaxle is from a 1935 Sears Handiman, complete with one forward speed, a reverser, and individual turning brakes. Its currently sitting on 11x24 tires, which are 44" tall.

6wheeler

I'm thinking some sort of suspension is in order under the seat if you are fixin' to ride that pony.  Is the reach mounted solid to the walk behind? If it turns via the individual brakes and swings the rear, you better hang on. Of course if one of the brakes hangs up you may get dizzy before she runs outta gas :ychain:  :ychain:  :ychain:

Don1977

You need to do some serious gearing those wheels and tires are about 50% larger then whats on most walk-behinds.

JC 1965

Wow !!    That is really cool !!     :hide: