Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

The Snow Bird....

Ken B

Today I picked up a 1964 Snow Bird snow blower for free. Well, I traded a 5 hp MTD Yardman for it but I also got that one for free! I have wanted one of these for a long time, one reason they are cool looking and another is they actually work good! Its a two stage system. No Tecky either! Its a 6hp Briggs and it runs fantastic. The guy I got this from told me he picked it up at an estate sale in Ridgefield CT. which is one of the more expensive areas to live in CT. I bet it was only used for a few years, and whoever owned it took excellent care of it. It has hard tires on it which stink in the snow but it has factory snow chains on it and they have virtually no wear on them. I also picked up an old walk behind snow pusher in real nice shape, more on that later....

Here is a link to the same model in action on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0uiJ4wO3_g

005_zpsc804600c.jpg

003_zps5a08a539.jpg

007_zps1efc8e00.jpg

AMC RULES

Beastly machine.

Looks like you're gonna get a work out.   :) 

timo4352

That looks like a keeper for sure.

stevebo

So .... I know what you have been up to. I like it. Now what are you gonna do with the other one you got at zagray summer show?

Jake Kuhn

That thing is awesome! I'll trade you a trailblazer 5 for it. lol

Ken B

So .... I know what you have been up to. I like it. Now what are you gonna do with the other one you got at zagray summer show?

Gotta keep that Toro from Zagray...When the Bird wears me out that Toro might be a little easier too handle.

Sparky

Nice find! I also didn't want a Tecumseh powered snow-blower, ended up buying a Gilson 8-26 walk behind with an 8hp Briggs (original). Its around a 1978-80 vintage and chucks snow great!

Mike.........

buckrancher

I grew up useing one to clean the drveway at my dads house ours had a 8hp kohler these blowers are a beast

and built like a brick s***house

looks to be in great shape

Brian

grnlark

My father had one of those when I was a little kid. I still remember the bird picture on the hood scooping snow into its mouth. Cool machine. I remember my father out there unclogging the chute all the time and I remember him spraying the chute with Pam cooking spray to get it to launch the snow. Good times.

Coadster32

Beastly machine.

Looks like you're gonna get a work out.   :) 

X2