Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tommyg

Electric D clutch

Recommended Posts

tommyg

I picked up an electric clutch for my d-180 at the Arentsville show in June. Just getting to the project, but I'm stuck. Nothing seems to  be lining up like I expected. Primarily the bolt holes. Admittedly, I didn't do my homework on making sure it would fit. Anyone have any pics or can point me to a diagram that shows how this thing goes on? Also, I notices the the pulleys are slightly different sizes compared to my manual clutch pulleys. Should I worry or care?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
wh79d160

Did they ever put electric clutches on Kohlers. All of mine that have electric clutches are Onans ? Looks like 3 7/8 as opposed to 3 1/4. Looks like you're going to have to drill new holes in the electric clutch mounting plate and drill and tap the holes that are in the Kohler block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
tommyg

Well, that would explain why they don't line up. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Hodge71

The only D with an electric clutch was the 160. There was never a Kohler that had one. I'm not saying it cant be done but from my research as to adding one to my 18 auto, there is a ton of fabbing and adapting that has to be done to accomplish it. Thats why I stopped. To me it wasn't worth the effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
JackC

The D-160 was the only D with the electric clutch.  I believe the crank shaft on my D-160 ONAN is 11/8 inch diameter.  The D-180 and D-200 Kohler engines have a larger diameter crank (1 1/4 inch maybe?) and did not have electric clutches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
tommyg

Beginning to think the same. Have already rehabbed the manual clutch and have it working pretty good. If anyone is looking for an electric clutch, I know where you can find one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • BuffaloD200
      By BuffaloD200
      Finally getting around to working on my ark loader.  The previous owner said he thinks the problem is with the spool valve.  
      As I've learned a bit more about hydraulics now, I'd like to get this all sorted out.  
      I noticed the power beyond port is connected to the reservoir return.  Is that right?  
      Anyone see anything blatantly incorrect?



    • ccs002
      By ccs002
      Looking for a complete hydro pump for a D-160. Tractor is missing everything from the rubber coupler disc back. Also willing to buy a complete tractor for parts, the closer to Harrisonburg VA the better. Thank you. 
    • tractorboy79
      By tractorboy79
      I was looking around on ebay and noticed that hydraulic actuators from John Deere 312, 317, etc models appear to be Identical to a Gt14 or d series lift cylinder. My question is would a new cylinder from ebay be able to replace one that is on a gt14 or d series?
       
      Images below of cylinders to show similaritys.


    • BuffaloD200
      By BuffaloD200
      '74 D-180
       
      My friction disc in gone on my clutch.  I saw the old post about making a new friction disc, so I'm not concerned about that.
      I managed to remove the front clutch plate and double v-belt pulley.  But I can't separate the two.  When I took the assembly off the spiraloc washer popped off on its own.  I HAVE READ THE MANUALS.
      So I should be able to just remove the pulley from the front clutch and continue with step 4.  The v-belt pulley is loose as all hell and flops around like a dead fish.  It seems to be hung up on a ring or bearing race.  
      So my thoughts are grab a BFH or sparky the blue tip wrench.
      Is there an unpublished step 3.5, or some trick?
    • BuffaloD200
      By BuffaloD200
      Hey all, 
       
      My '74 D180 has a lot of trouble pushing snow.  Weighted tires, but nothing else at this time.  I've found it gets stuck frequently and only one wheel spins.  Do these tractors not have a limited slip/locker arrangement?  How does everyone manage with the infamous one wheel peel?
×
×
  • Create New...