Sign in to follow this  
Anglo Traction

Outboard Motor jumped into the Van

Anglo Traction

I know there are a few U.S guys on here who hanker for Motors and Water, so I thought I'd post a few pics of a Classic Little Boat Motor I dug out of the old Outbuildings where I got my first WH from.

It's had a brush down as it was covered in dust, plaster and cobwebs. Last used in 1974. Still a 1/2 a tank of gas in it.

post-3520-0-38566200-1379866578_thumb.jp

It's an old 'Seagull 40 plus' 2 1/2- 3Hp. Dated from Serial nbr as April 1964. Made in England.

post-3520-0-02760000-1379866657_thumb.jp

Transom Clamp Mount is Bronze and the Tank is stove enamelled Brass.

post-3520-0-36436800-1379866696_thumb.jp

It's all there and everything rotates nicely. Parts and comprehensive information is available.

post-3520-0-63873300-1379866730_thumb.jp

Need to find another Chrome plated Driveshaft housing, but the rest will all polish up fine.........another Winter prioject.

Sparky

A little late to this thread....cool old motor! Do you have similar vintage old boat for it to hang off of? Old motors look great on old boats.

Mike.......

Anglo Traction

Mike, Sorry I missed your post here. Sadly I don't have an old boat to hang it off. Wish I had.

For the time being I want to fully refurbish it as it has had very little use.

Being a 2 Stroke and has to run on 1 part Oil to 10 parts of Gas due to the short bearings in the case, it would not be allowed near still Fresh water over here due pollution issues. There were literally thousands of these made since the late 1930s and a special batch made for the 'D' Day Landings and subsequent river crossings in France etc.

Just have this problem where I have to try and get these old-ish things running again. They sell here for small money.

Regards