Sign in to follow this  
RMCIII

Simplicity 7116????

RMCIII

Hey Horse fans. Came across a Simplicity with a 25hp. Kohler. Installed in a Landlord model tractor. Extremely clean. Has a 48" deck, front blade, and snow blower. what is it worth>|????

Jake Kuhn

:text-worthless:

Ken B

Gotta have pics like Jake said to get an idea of its condition and whether or not it was a hack job.

RMCIII

Photos added

• Like 1

312Hydro

Looks like a factory install. :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Wheel-N-It

Seriously if it fits you needs then its probably worth what he is asking for it (unless its priced beyond belief).

Real Simplicitys are a very well made machine. I have a 728 (just a toy), and I'm hoping to one day be the owner of my neighbors 7112 whenever she is ready to sell.

leeave96

Those are good tractors.  It is definately a repower as the original engine would have been either a B&S or Kohler single cylinder 16 hp engine.  If you plan on using a snowblower with it, you'd need to check to see if the crank in the front of the engine is to spec and I can't remember right off what that is.  Reason I mention this is this type of Simplicity tractor and the Sovereign models used a drive shaft off the flywheel side of the engine.  The driveshaft powers a gearbox behind the seat.  The deck belt comes off this gear box from and up to the deck, so there is no belt to the deck coming off the engine as would be on a Wheelhorse or a Cub Cadet.  That being the case, you can repower one of these type Simplicity tractors with a lower cost engine IF you have no need for the front PTO and the appropriate size shaft diameter/length.

A 25 hp would be a nice repower.  It looks like a Kohler Command.  Late models used the Kohler CH18 - an 18hp engine and then finally the dreaded Kohler Triad engine.

Price - don't know.  They are expensive in my neck of the woods getting over $1000 to $1500 for later model Sovereigns.

Good luck,

Bill

RMCIII

Those are good tractors.  It is definately a repower as the original engine would have been either a B&S or Kohler single cylinder 16 hp engine.  If you plan on using a snowblower with it, you'd need to check to see if the crank in the front of the engine is to spec and I can't remember right off what that is.  Reason I mention this is this type of Simplicity tractor and the Sovereign models used a drive shaft off the flywheel side of the engine.  The driveshaft powers a gearbox behind the seat.  The deck belt comes off this gear box from and up to the deck, so there is no belt to the deck coming off the engine as would be on a Wheelhorse or a Cub Cadet.  That being the case, you can repower one of these type Simplicity tractors with a lower cost engine IF you have no need for the front PTO and the appropriate size shaft diameter/length.

A 25 hp would be a nice repower.  It looks like a Kohler Command.  Late models used the Kohler CH18 - an 18hp engine and then finally the dreaded Kohler Triad engine.

Price - don't know.  They are expensive in my neck of the woods getting over $1000 to $1500 for later model Sovereigns.

Good luck,

Bill

Thanks Bill.