Sign in to follow this  
shlitzcan

K 181 rebuild

shlitzcan

What is the best way to go dollar amount/torque to build up my 8 h for an amount that wont piss my wife off..... my neihbbor does machine work cheep for me and ots quality work. Money would be parts. Its going back into my all original 1965 855 and its gonna be my tractor that i need to rely on for everything. Help me out guys...

MalMac

Well there are several aftermarket rebuild kits out there that are a fraction of what OEM cost. I myself don't use them, I go only with OEM. I have found some of the aftermarket to be junk. With that said I do know of some people that have went the aftermarket path and have had no problems at all. Now you say your wanting to "build up" a engine, if your referring to adding more performance or trick it up some there are things you can do but the ol saying comes to mine  " How fast you wanna go, How much you wanna spend"

WH nut

If its going to be a daily worker leave it stock. It will do more than you can keep up with.

shlitzcan

I have an 854 that has the same series 181 and a few times it has left me looking for help from the neighbor to get it done, but its just by a hair. Basically i would be looking for more torque.

Pullstart

Is the 854 the one in the avatar with dual ags?  I'm wondering how much more torque the rear end can handle... and if an 8 speed swap might be in order.

I'm not sure on this, so this is more of a question than statement but possibly with 8 gears you could find a lower gear to get the job done?  Do you have added weight to the tractor?

Welcome to :rs:

slammer302

If your neighbor does machine work I would get bigger valves installed and bigger carb the faster air and fuel can get in and out more powerrrrrrr!

AMC RULES

Bigger engine swap might be more cost effective. 

• Like 1

slammer302

That's what I did on my b-80 swap the 8 for a 10

post-6211-138007375734_thumb.jpg

• Like 1