Sign in to follow this  
dodge78

What to do with this?

dodge78

So I pulled the auger out of a blower I got with a 71 Bronco.  I think it is a 6-9111.  The edge is curled under  and not very straight.  There are three spots on the body that need welding and the rest seems to be in order.  Should I try to straighten out the auger,  run it as it is  or slap it back together and sell it?

th_P1020301_zps85f2e7a0.jpg

th_P1020300_zpsd91849d9.jpg

th_P1020299_zps0b666ed9.jpg

th_P1020298_zpscacf2dd3.jpg

th_P1020297_zpsdacd6cb4.jpg

RMCIII

What does the rest of the blower look like? My :twocents-02cents:, and this is what I have found out just recently. There a great deals on blowers in CL and ebay for less than what you may put into yourself. Including time. I have a great looking 42", but it needs a new primary shaft. There is a slight wearing where one of the bearings ride. New shaft from Toro - $312.00. Aside from the shaft needing replaced, the blower looks new. I've decided to look for another blower and use it as a parts blower for the one I already have. Just can't see spending that kind of cash when you can pick an entire blower up for the same price. Good luck whatever you decide.

Tankman

I recently sold my blower for two reasons. First, haven't used it in years. Second, now-a-days stone drives.

I do move quite a bit of snow using the dozer blades. Easy enough.

If you think the WH dozer would work for you, sell the blower and pickup a blade. :eusa-think:

dodge78

There are 2 cracks around the chute.

th_P1020302_zps712b4077.jpg

th_P1020303_zps81cd2498.jpg

here is what it looked looked when I picked it up

th_GEDC0059.jpg

Here is my plow

They were part of a package deal

th_GEDC0062.jpg

th_GEDC0057.jpg

boovuc

I heated and bent my auger ends back in shape years ago and it has remained straight since. It was badly curled from the PM blowing rocks!

Mine is a newer tall discharge from the late 80's or early 90's and didn't really need anything else. Those older blowers are readily available so if you can get the cracks welded for nothing and simply sand it well and paint it without any investment, I would keep it. If you have to pay to have it welded, I think I would part it out if you have no intention of ever using it.

I don't like to see any Wheelhorse tractor or implements leave service but practicality comes into play sooner or later.  

dodge78

The blowers are around but around here,  if its old,  its gold.  The welding, painting and general conditioning is not a problem. I need a belt and a lift tube, but those should not be too much of a problem.   I do not have a torch for heating the auger though.  How tough would it be with out one?

Kelly

Where are you located?? I have a few parts blowers and used blowers here.

boovuc

It really isn't bad at all. You can move the curls without heat if need be but I don't advise it.

dodge78

Where are you located?? I have a few parts blowers and used blowers here.

Wisconsin  other side