Sign in to follow this  
Jim_M

Opinions on the value of a GT-14

Jim_M

I have a chance to pick up another Gt-14. It's a 1969 in great shape, been repainted and they did a nice job. It has 3 point and the double pulley for pto. It comes with a 48" dozer blade, wheel weights, chains, a tiller and a disk. The attachments are all in good working condition, but they all need paint.

Would you guys be willing to give me your opinions on what you think the package is worth?

Thanks,

Jim

T-Mo

Jim,

Values of a tractor and attachments is hard to come up with, especially without seeing it. Even then, I, for one, probably isn't qualified to give one. I know some here probably are better qualified than myself. But, I know what I would give for something like that, but I'm hesitant to give values out. Usually it boils down to is what you're willing to give. A package like that doesn't come along often, especially if it's in that good of a shape. So that has to weigh in on your decision also.

Like I said, I know what I'm willing to give for something like that. But my price may not even come close to yours. Good luck.

(As you can see, I'm avoiding the issue) :D

nylyon

I don't know what the "Blue Book" value of one of these are, but assuming it is complete, with the options tiller, dozer and disk if I were in the market for one $1000 would be about what I would expect to pay. Again assuming it is complete and in reasonably good condition.

Rollerman

Jim...Steve "Refracman" or John "brlly" will be able to help you out, they both have several GT14's & are avid collectors of them.

The dozer, disc & tire chains are nice...but the tiller, 3 point, & wheel weights are what makes it valuable.

Is the disc a brinly or house brand?

I hate throwing numbers around "cheap...very CHEAP" but I've seen GT14's bring 500 in bad shape with just a deck & none of the other accesories.

I think the 69 is the one with the woodgrain decals & the cutout at the front too where the fuel tank is exposed...slightly less valuable to some...but mostly just an appearance issue.

refracman

Jim,

for the sake of makein this easy lets go with what the market will bare on individual parts, of course a "package deal " will be less than the sum

check the steering shaft where it comes through the frame by your left foot, if theres a lot of wear there it will have a lot of hrs on it, and check the tines on the tiller, are they worn a little or a lot ?, these 2 areas will give you a clue on the condition of the drive train and how worn the hydro is.

i guess that will determine what low and top dollar is in my opinion

ww - 75 +

tiller - 100 - 300( in "like new" condition)

dozer this is not the standard size(54") but 100 +

depends on 2link / 4 link or ice grippers and wear 50 +

3pt 250+ ( complete setup)

double pulley 50

disk 25 - 100

deck 50 - 200 ( in top condition)

tractor 350- 700

Good luck, and hope you make a good deal, Steve

Jim_M

The disk is a Brinly. The tines on the tiller look vey good. The blade is a 54" not a 48 like I said originally. The chains are just generic 4 link chains. The blade and tractor have been repainted and look nice although they've been used since then, so they're not perfect.

Steve, If I get this bought I'll want to talk to you about a deck. I e-mailed your yahoo address, but didn't hear back from you.

Jim

Jim_M

I should know by the end of the weekend.

glenn27

Jim--I never realized how "popular'--maybe not the right word here, but sought after the GT series is/was....Once I got mine and started restoreing--parts are scarce or NLA---and now every time I turn around-- I hear or see one for sale on e-bay. Even ran across a man localloy9 about a mile from my work-20, that has three of them (one in pieces).... :D

I think it's like dating the "Ugly Duckling Gal"--they grow on you, but could have been better designed in some are's.

Take care--and post them pictures!

Mine's coming in the heated workshop this weekend--That's my Xmas present to myself!! :P