Sign in to follow this  
Austin860

D180 Restoration

Austin860

Hi Guys,

I picked up a running D180 froma guy in New York about 6 months ago now. He used it as a tractor and made every modification he felt like. Stupid lights, cut the original steering wheel off with a cutting torch, destroyed the seat mounting system and cut a large chunk out of the frame. it had a horrible off color paint job, but at least it kept away the rust. It came with a HUGE snowblower and a Huge plow. he claims the snowblower works, just needed to be hooked up. so about 4 months ago I tore her all the way down to the frame, and of course more problems. the guy had broken off 3 of the 4 exaust bolts, had the wrong spark plugs in, messed with the hydro controls, and made the largest rats nest of a wiring job I have ever seen. so I went to work. I got all the parts off, and to the sandblaster. Then the parts were primed by me, and brought to a buddy of mine who paints automotive for a living. finaly, all the parts are back, painted and on the tractor. everything the PO mucked up is fixed, and nearly ready to run.

post-9836-0-52072800-1378175044_thumb.jp

post-9836-0-70479700-1378175054_thumb.jp

can anyone help me upload more photos, it says they are to big. thanks, also have more pictures to come tomorrow of the paint job

• Like 2

Marv

Good show Austin. If you will retake the pictures taking them at a lower resolution (JPEG) you will probably be able to post them because the file will be smaller.

Marvin

"D"- Man

Austin great work and save! I know the feeling of P.O. cutting chunks out of frame as well as other modifications that were done to the 18 Auto I am trying to redo. I also took mine down to the frame so I could redo every thing from the ground up. Try attaching just one or two pictures to each post if files size is an issue. Looking forward to the next pictures. Mark.

953 nut

If you open the pictures in "pailt brush" you can go to "stretch/skew" then reduce them to 25% X 25% and save the change as a new photo; then you can post about eight to ten of them per post.

Looking forward to seeing more.

:USA: 

Austin860

Before

post-9836-0-98115500-1378690696.jpg

post-9836-0-43231400-1378690728.jpg

During

post-9836-0-99570600-1378690805.jpg

post-9836-0-90735400-1378690838.jpg

thanks to everyone on the upload tips!