How about a 5080/5084 trans? 

:bow-blue: this is great info!

Edited by Raposo

gwest_ca
4 hours ago, Raposo said:

How about a 5080/5084 trans? 

:bow-blue: this is great info!

The 5080 and 5084 fall on chart #2.

The original axle seals are 100863 for 1" shaft.

The original input shaft and brake shaft seals are 100441 for 3/4" shaft.

Garry

• Thanks 1

ricster66

I have a 417A Wheelhorse that has a right rear wheel bearing going out. Do know where to look for a replacement. 'Any ideas ?

pfrederi
16 hours ago, ricster66 said:

I have a 417A Wheelhorse that has a right rear wheel bearing going out. Do know where to look for a replacement. 'Any ideas ?

Welcome

B-1816 is the commercial bearing number.  Any autoparts store should be able to order it or Amazon or Ebay....\

Bill Winn

This is great information. It is encouraging to find such helpful people. About ten years ago I was given a 1988 Servistar (Southern States' MTD brand) Riding mower. It had 1st, 5th, and reverse gears and the engine ran like a 3-legged dog. I rebuilt the engine and carb and then tackled the transaxle. (I was told there was no way to rebuild it) Hmph! With a lot of detailed pictures for reference and some determination I opened the transaxle and found that the shift keys were broken.

I drove over to RBI Corp. in Ashland, VA and the lady handed me a pair of new keys for $20. I've been cutting my grass and moving trailers around the yard with it ever since. Old is better and being able to keep an old machine going with the aid of a helpful community like this is priceless.

Bill

• Like 5

Handy Don
46 minutes ago, Bill Winn said:

Old is better

I think about it slightly differently because, after a career as a business systems analyst and architect, I could often see the value of new or evolving products' being applied to existing or new situations. But I always included in my analyses fully-loaded, apples-to-apples comparisons of the true cost/value of extending the life of existing tooling vs. creating new. It can, however, be career-shortening to try breaking decision makers of their addiction to "new car smell"!

Bill Winn
3 hours ago, Handy Don said:

"new car smell" I understand. I personally try to avoid new car smell because it is also the smell of immense depreciation. But I love people who buy new cars because without them there’d be no used ones for me to buy. :)

Edited by Bill Winn
  • Like 1

Skipper

@stevasaurus Hey buddy. Here's the info on the Eaton 1100 units. Old type, new type, and the Xi too. I have taken a few apart now, and this is what I have found, and also confirmed from parts lists across models. I will make a thread soon, with a go thru of them.

Eaton 1100 transaxle bearings, seals and gaskets. Also for Xi..pdf

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Excellent Skipper...do that thread and it will get pinned at the top of Transmissions.  :occasion-xmas:

• Thanks 1

Heatingman
On 11/30/2012 at 8:32 AM, stevasaurus said:

Here are 3 PDFs.  I have included Motion Industries catalog numbers and the size of the bearings in each attachment.  If you click on this link, it will bring up Motion Industries web site...type in their catalog number for the bearing or seal that you are looking for.  It will give dimensions, a picture and an approximate price.  You can also order online.  Most of these bearings are also available from your TORO dealer and NAPA.  Hope this helps...:)

https://www.motionindustries.com/motion3/jsp/mii/productCatalogSearch.jsp

The 1st PDF is the WH # 5003 and 5010 RJ and 3 piece suburban transmissions.

The 2nd PDF is the 3 and 4 speeds...WH # 5007, 5025, 5046, 5048, 5049, and 5053 transmissions.

The 3rd PDF is the 6 and 8 speeds...WH # 5086, 5073, 5091, 103907, 103916, and 103918 transmissions.

1. UNI DRIVE TRANS 1.pdf

2. UNI DRIVE TRANS 2.pdf

3. UNI DRIVE TRANS 3.pdf

UNI DRIVE TRANS 1.jpg

UNI DRIVE TRANS 2.jpg

UNI DRIVE TRANS 3.jpg

Bearings and seals for a #5058 bevel gear transmission.

differential carriage bearing (2) WH #1533  From Lowell  

outer axle bearing (2) WH #1526...KOYO #B-1816

outer axle seals (2)  WH #1213...SKF #11050

mushroom gear rh   WH#1532...KOYO #M-16121

mushroom gear lh  WH#1530....KOYO #B-1612

seal brakeshaft  WH#1232.....SKF #9815

cluster gear shaft bearing (2)  WH#1529.....KOYO #M-12121

input shaft  WH#1508 (1)...KOYO #B-1212

input shaft seal  WH#1303....SKF #7410

spline shaft bearing WH#1531...KOYO M-10121

case gasket...#3912

Here ya go...KOYO is the same Torrington numbers.

5/8" input shaft seal 103916 transmission WH # 100442 = Timken 340387 = very similar to original seal. (SKF/CR 6105)

Has anyone developed a list for a 5084?

I think PDF-2 is really close, but for sure the brake shaft bearing(s) is different. ID is 3/4 OD is 1” depth as of yet unknown - its still in place.