Brrly1

"Are you ready for some Big Ten football"

stevasaurus

Pretty pathetic. 5 games and pick 1 right!  :angry-tappingfoot:

I know how you feel Mike...we would have been OK if Penn St., Iowa, Illinois and Northwestern would have won :eusa-think:  . :happy-jumpeveryone:

Picking next weeks games is not going to be easy either.

bitten

iowa and indiana are really hard for me to pick this year. I go with them and they loose and go against them and they win. Oh well. 

GO BUCKEYES

RMCIII

In all honesty, this entire season, for the Big Ten, is going to be difficult to pick on a weekly basis. The strength of the conference is just not what you would expect it to be.. I love The Ohio State Buckeyes, but they are not a # 4 this year. They are on a winning streak of 19 total wins since last year. But honestly, who have they played? If they truly are  # 4 team, then they should be able to play Alabama right now and should make it a great game. That would not be the case. Like I said at the beginning of this thread. I'll be happy if they are able to win the conference and go to the Rose Bowl.. Anything else, I think will be a solid disappointment if they end up with a # 2 ranking at the end of the year.

papaglide

I disagree, OSU IS a #4. I think that OSU vs Alabama would be a GREAT GAME. The Buckeyes would have a good chance of winning that contest. I am sick and tired of the media machine espousing how the SEC is the BEST conference in the country.

Northwestern is a GOOD team and Pat Fitzgerald is a good coach and has built a good program. The Buckeyes beat a very good team by 10. I would take Northwestern against any of the 6 bottom feeders in the SEC.

• Like 2

Brrly1

Papaglide, I agree with the #4 ranking. I also agree that Northwestern could take on any of the sec teams not the just bottom feeders. I think that the Wildcats are off to a great season, so they lost one but they will be back. Pat Fitzgerald is No slouch. They came in pumped and I assume they will remain that way. Ok then, in case any one has any ideas of me changing my picks from Iowa to take a team they are playing. That's NOT going to happen. If you have a team that is your favorite, and I've always stood beside the Hawkeyes No matter what. Win, lose or tie they will always be my team.

As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!!!

post-45-0-37912600-1381238889.jpg

• Like 2

bitten

And that is the way it is supposed to be. You stand behind your team during the good bad and anywhere in between.

As a BUCKEYE fan I would love to see them play some teams that have a good ranking. I think that they can beat any team out there. I dont care what people say about the B1G there are some very good teams. If the BUCKEYES go undefeated and dont go to the championship game that would suck. It wouldnt be a big surprise. The media has put the B1G in a bad light. We will just have to wait and see how things play out.    

stevasaurus

WEEK # 7  OCTOBER 12  4 GAMES THIS WEEK

indiana.png  INDIANA  AT  MICHIGAN ST.  michigan_state.png

nebraska.png  NEBRASKA  AT  PURDUE  purdue.png

northwestern.png  NORTHWESTERN  AT  WISCONSIN  wisconsin.png

michigan.png  MICHIGAN  AT  PENN ST.  penn_state.png

stevasaurus

If Ohio St. goes undefeated (and they should now) and there is only 1 other undefeated team, they will play in the National Championship Game. :)

That means they will have to win the Big Ten Championship game.  I think it will be against either Michigan or Northwestern...that means they will have to play one of them twice...but on a neutral field. :eusa-think:

• Like 1

papaglide

Indiana, Nebraska, Wisconsin,< PENN STATE!!>

Upset special: Northwestern. I wouldn't be surprised if the Badgers go down in a squeaker.

Steve, you influenced me to pick based on emotion!!!!

Edited by papaglide
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Here are my picks and why...Michigan St...home team,  Nebraska because if Purdue was playing itself in a scrimmage...it would lose. Wisconsin hardly ever losses at home...as good as Northwestern is...hope I lose this pick,  Penn St....home team and I really want to see Michigan lose..emotional here. :)

Michigan St., Nebraska, Wisconsin, Penn St.

JimD

Indiana, Nebraska, Northwestern, Michigan.

squonk

4 games means I can't do any worse than 0-4  :)

Mich, St. , Neb. , Wisc., Mich.

Let the hand-wringing commence!  :techie-reference:

RMCIII

Mike & John:

2006 & 2007 seasons for The Buckeye's ring a bell? Again, I am a fan, I will always  be a Buckeye. But a true fan, as I said in the very beginning, when this thread started. You call it like it is. The Buckeye's are overrated this year. Mike, they would not even make it a game against Alabama. Not only has the SEC been a thorn in Ohio's side, it was not until 2010 that they finally were able to win against an SEC team in a bowl game. Check the records. Emotions, about a team, still do not change the stats.

Northwestern is pointed in the right direction with Fitzgerald, no doubt. But a "consistent", year-end, year-out program takes years to build. I hate FSU, GATORS, and MIAMI CANES. But those were consistent programs when they had the right coaches' and recruiting staff in place. Those 3 teams from Florida,  played in more NCAA title game for a 20 year run than the entire Big Ten conference. Beginning with 1980 - 2000. In those 20 years a Florida team showed up to play 16 times. The Big Ten saw 5. Now it is ALABAMA> 2009 - 2012 so far. < That is consistent. That is a solid, well built, well structured program. Show me any Big 10 Team that has been able to replicate that in the past 30 years. I'll go 1 better, show me any 4 year run, won by any Big Ten Team. You won't find it. You will find "1 Hit Wonders". That's what they are. And, in my opinion, that's why we cheer our hearts out each and every year, regardless of the rankings, critics, media, ect. In the end, we will still cheer them on, WIN, LOOSE, or DRAW!

• Like 1

papaglide

As far as stats and such you are correct. But this OSU team has what no other B1G team had in the past: Urban Meyer and his staff. To me, he is a game changer and the main reason why this program will compete with the South.

"I hate FSU, GATORS, and MIAMI CANES. But those were consistent programs when they had the right coaches' and recruiting staff in place. "

And that guy and staff from that Gator team are now in Columbus. We all know his record, 122-23, 2 NC's, and a winning record at every school he has been at. He has never had a losing season...ever. He is one of the best recruiters in the country. Last 2 years under Tressel, the Buckeyes were ranked 25 and 11. Two years under Meyer they were ranked 4 and 2. This is one of the main reasons why this team will be one of the top 5 teams in the country going forward. We can forget about the past win-loss records vs the SEC. Those teams were coached by the likes of Earle Bruce, John Cooper and Tressel. All of which were decent but middling top tier coaches. I argue that OSU has never had a head coach of the status of Urban Meyer since Woody Hayes. This team should be one of the top teams in the country until Meyer burns out again!!! :hide:

Edited by papaglide
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

WOW...we are getting into it. :)   I just want to say...wait for it...I HATE THE PAC 12!!!  They almost always have the BIG TEN's number. New Year's Day is almost always a bitter pill to swallow.

• Like 1

squonk

The Rose Bowl hadn't been the same since Curt Gowdy and Al DeRogatis

• Like 2

RMCIII

Mike:

I think I need some of whatever it is you got..... Maybe I could see in a different light. Facts are facts. Until OSU becomes "consistent", and my meaning is 2 or 3 titles in a row! Then, they will have established their program as a program that is not a "1 Hit Wonder". Again, I will always be a Buckeye fan, but you can't argue with what the facts are right now. They are only ranked 4th, because of the Big -0 beside now the 19 straight wins. Look at their "Pass Yards Ranking", "Rushing Yards Ranking", "Points for", and "Points against". They are only in the top 10 in 1` category. Oregon, truly should be #1. But because Alabama has held on, they get to keep their #1 Ranking. Alabama looks terrible in each of the categories also. Florida State has much better stats than the Bucks, and they will jump 2 spots if the Bucks loose. Because, like the Bucs, Stanford is not a # 5 team. Theirs stats are more pathetic than the Bucks. But, then you throw in a bunch of people who like to vote, and well YOU GET OBAMA> Someone that should not be the president, but is. :banghead:     :laughing-rofl:   :scared-ghostface:  :woohoo:    :scared-eek:

Edited by RMCIII

Brrly1

Ok, ok, ok enough of the stats already. You are reminding me of The Dukester wit all the Michigan stats, but that's a good thing. Anyways you guys are Lucky, Iowa has a bye week and I'm not at home, hanging out in Portland . My picks go like this Mich. State, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Michigan. As always, Go Hawkeyes !!!!!!

• Like 1

RMCIII

Here we go:

• Michigan St. over Indiana
  • Nebraska over Perdue < This one will be close at half time, but Nebraska will get it going in the 2nd half
  • Northwestern over Wisconsin < Gonna be a great game
  • Michigan over Penn State

bitten

michagan state

nebraska

wisconsin

penn state 

GO BUCKEYES

stevasaurus

OH Great!!!  Iowa has a bye this week...now I will have to try to figure out if the week off will be an advantage or not.  Somehow, I doubt it. :ychain::)

• Like 1

bk-scouter

MICHIGAN ST.,  NEBRASKA, NORTHWESTERN,michigan.png  MICHIGAN

-BK

Hodge71

Michigan State, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Penn State but I have  a funny feeling they will leave me down once again....

stevasaurus

If you guys missed the Michigan at Penn St. game...you have to catch it during the week.  It is a classic...unreal...4th OT...Penn St. wins...what a game.

Michigan St., Nebraska, Wisconsin and Penn St. won their games.

..WEEK 7 Results.

Bitten, Hodge71 and Stevasaurus picked all 4 games...4 / 0

Brrly1, Papaglide and squonk were.................................3 / 1

bk-scouter and RMCIII.....................................................2 / 2

JimD..................................................................................1 / 3

total results

hodge71..................................47 / 12

Brrly1.......................................46 / 13

bitten, RMCIII, Stevasaurus...45 / 14

JimD, Papagide.......................44 / 15

bk-scouter................................41 / 18

Squonk.....................................38 / 21

It would have been a little different, had Michigan won .  UNREAL :bow-blue::) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

EASY PICKS NEXT WEEK...WE SHOULD ALL BE 5 WINS AND 0 LOSSES...

Edited by stevasaurus

squonk

5-0 ? Don't count on it ! :)