Brrly1

"Are you ready for some Big Ten football"

Hodge71

If I had to count how many times I said "Oh my GAWD I cant freakin believe this..... I need another beer" yesterday....actually I guess I can....by counting empty Dogfish Head bottles.......

UGH just about sums my feelings up.  :banghead:

• Like 1

squonk

My vast football knowledge has me " Firmly Entrenched" as a Cellar Dweller!  :confusion-helpsos:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Don't worry Mike...I'm coming down to get ya.!!! :bow-blue:

Hodge...well said!!! :)

JimD...thanks for doing the stat thingy this week. :)   I'm not sure, but it looks like...whoever does the stat thingy, ends up in 1st. place. :ychain:

• Like 1

JimD

You're welcome Steve, happy to do it in your absence, and glad you're back. I probably won't last long at the top of the list here. There a a lot of weeks left and some games are going to be very difficult to pick in the upcoming weeks. Looking ahead only serves to confuse me so I won't do it. LOL!

• Like 1

Brrly1

Hey Yo!!! This very mediocre Iowa team shut down that very good high scoring offense to less than a 170 yds. There average before this game was 282 yds rushing. They had 30 yds on 27 carries. Iowa has had a rough time the last year but if you watched I do believe you watched a team really start to believe in themselves. Defense was already tough but they stepped right up from the git go. QB did an awesome job as well. The Hawkeyes had a total offense of over 460 yds. I do believe they going to break some hearts as they did Saturday. You got it, I'll take the Iowa Hawkeyes over Michigan State any day of the week!!!!

As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!!!

post-45-0-71167500-1380498019.jpg

• Like 1

papaglide

Last year for the Hawkeyes may have been an anomaly, but I must ask: don't they kind of play like this every year? Tease just enough to believe then the roof caves in. Check that. Maybe they did show some character after losing to Northern they could have packed it in but alas, they didn't. Maybe, just maybe could they be a sleeper??

Last year for the Hawkeyes may have been an anomaly, but I must ask: don't they kind of play like this every year? Tease just enough to believe then the roof caves in. Check that. Maybe they did show some character after losing to Northern they could have packed it in but alas, they didn't. Maybe, just maybe could they be a sleeper??

Brrly1

I guess you don't like the Hawkeyes either, sorry about your luck. Go Hawkeyes!!!

stevasaurus

I like the Hawkeyes John...no problem there.  You just never know how good they really are.  It makes it hard to pick the winner of their game.  Illinois is the other way around...you just never know how bad they are. :)

• Like 1

stevasaurus

WEEK # 6   OCTOBER 5...FIVE GAMES TO PICK THIS WEEK.

penn_state.png  PENN ST.  AT  INDIANA  indiana.png

illinois.png  ILLINOIS  AT  NEBRASKA  nebraska.png

michigan_state.png  MICHIGAN ST.  AT  IOWA  iowa.png

minnesota.png  MINNESOTA  AT  MICHIGAN  michigan.png

ohio_state.png  OHIO ST.  AT  NORTHWESTERN  northwestern.png

Edited by stevasaurus

stevasaurus

Some tough picks this week.  I have changed my mind a couple of times already. I am going with Northwestern over Ohio St. because if Ohio St. is going to loose a game this season...this is it.  I do not really think that Iowa is going to beat Mich St....I think it will go to 3 OTs.

PENN ST.   ILLINOIS   IOWA :bow-blue::eusa-think::)   MICHIGAN  NORTHWESTERN

Brrly1

My picks for this week are as follows, Penn State, Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio State, and Yes Iowa for the win! This is a young team that is just learning about what everyone else can do, its time to play ball. I was quite happy with what I saw on Saturday, sure they are no Ohio State but very few teams are. We play Ohio State and I really don't think it will be a blowout for OSU. Sorry for the Rant

As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!!!

post-45-0-10173400-1380556415.jpg

squonk

I'm picking Northwestern because I sorta like them and remember when they won their first game! , Michigan because I'm mad at the Gophers and hate the Queenies more than the Bears, Iowa because of the corn fed factor, Illinois for Tecky Power and I never liked Neb, and PSU just because.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Mike, you are never going to get out of the basement...you are way too emotionally involved in your picks.  :)

• Like 2

squonk

Mike, you are never going to get out of the basement...you are way too emotionally involved in your picks.  :)

Since I don't know jack about college ball it's all I got and it shows!
  • Like 2

papaglide

I agree with Steve regarding Iowa. Always have been a clean, respectable program. I do not not like them, but it seems that going back to even the Hayden Frye hawkeyes they do this every year. I just have a hard time figuring who they will beat and who they will lose to.

• Like 1

papaglide

So here it goes: Penn State, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan, and Ohio State.

bitten

penn state

nebraska 

iowa

michigan

The Ohio State Buckeyes

JimD

Penn St., Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio St.

bk-scouter

Penn St. , Illinois, Iowa, Michigan (Go Blue), Ohio State

-BK

Hodge71

This is another one of those weeks. I cannot for the life of me get a hold on a few teams and whether they are going to show up to play. Penn Sate is one of them. Emotion shouldn't play a part in picks but for some reason it does still.......

Michigan State, Nebraska, Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State

• Like 1

RMCIII

Blah... that is how the work week has went, and it replicates itself, trying to pick this weeks games.... Here we go:

• Indiana over Penn State
  • Nebraska over Illinois
  • Michigan St. over Iowa
  • Michigan over Minnesota
  • The Ohio State Buckeyes over Northwestern

Probably should pick Iowa, but just can't seem to get my fingers to select Iowa over another Big 10 Team. < Again BLAH.

JimD

Well this turned out to suck week for me, lol. 2-3 is a pretty poor showing. But how about Northwestern? Damn they came to play tonight. Had me on the edge of my seat the whole game. They have a great program there, a real testament to their coaches. Miller didn't play as well as usual, but Hyde sure made up for him. Bucks win a close one, and the toughest test of the season in my opinion.  I also have to say that even picking so poorly this week, I'm still enjoying this thread with all you guys. :)

Edited by JimD
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

RESULTS OF WEEK # 6   WINNING TEAMS...INDIANA...NEBRASKA...MICHIGAN ST...MICHIGAN...OHIO ST.

RMCIII picked all 5 games...unreal...congratulations  :):bow-blue::woohoo: :woohoo:

Hodge 71 was 4 wins and 1 loss

Brrly1, Papaglide and bitten were 3 wins and 2 losses

BK-Scouter and JimD were 2 wins and 3 losses

Squonk and Stevasaurus...in the basement at 1 win and 4 losses 

TOTAL STANDINGS::::::

Brrly1, Hodge, JimD and RMCIII are at the top with 43 wins and 12 losses

bitten, Papaglide and Stevasaurus.............................41 wins and 14 losses

bk-scouter ...................................................................39 wins and 16 losses

Squonk..........................................................................35 wins and 20 losses                                                                

Edited by stevasaurus

squonk

Bringing up the rear, Bringing up the rear, We are all rejoicing, Bringing up the rear!  :music-guitarred:

Pretty pathetic. 5 games and pick 1 right!  :angry-tappingfoot:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

JimD

Steve, I only had two wins this week so you'll need to make an adjustment to the standings.

• Like 1