Brrly1

"Are you ready for some Big Ten football"

bitten

GO BUCKEYES

Looking at this weeks games at a glance and one might think it would be easy picking. There are some teams that the B1G are playing this week that are good teams without having the spotlight.

michigan

minnesota

nebraska

bowling green ?????

michigan state

iowa  ?????

illinois

penn state

The OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

notre dame

northwestern

wisconsin might be the best game of the week.

Good Luck to everyone and to all the B1G teams.

Brrly1

post-45-0-70086700-1378915307.jpg

Alrighty then, Jim , its looking like we are going the same way this week. I know Beckman is now 2-0 at Illinois and it bit me last week. I'm lazy and need to run so put me down the same as Jims picks. Mich., Min.,  Neb., B.G. Falcons, Mich. St., Iowa Hawkeyes, Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Northwestern and Wisconsin.

As always  Go Hawkeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-45-0-78632700-1378915896.jpg

squonk

Ok. This week I'm really gonna start the "big push"

Indiana, Minn, Huskers, Mich., Mich. St, IOWA, Penn St. "The Teckys!, :)  OSU, ND, Northwestern, Wisc. :)

Edited by squonk

Hodge71

This could be a strange week for sure. I think the Bowling Green game is going to be a make or break game. I guess we shall see.....

My picks

Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Indiana, Michigan State, Iowa, Illinois, Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Wisconsin,

LEST GO STATE!!!

post-1339-0-92780300-1378993051_thumb.jp

RMCIII

Hmmmm. Who to pick..... Heartbreaker or a game changer????

papaglide

Mich, Minn, Nebraska, Indiana, Mich State, Iowa St, Wash, Penn St, Ohio St, Irish, N'western, Wisconsin

RMCIII

Steve, you picking anytime soon??? :ychain: Thought I would wait and see what you decide....before I offer up my picks.... :bow-blue:

bk-scouter

MICHIGAN  michigan.png,MINNESOTA, UCLA, INDIANA, MICHIGAN ST., IOWA,  ILLINOIS, CENTRAL FLORIDA, CALIFORNIA (did I hear JimD 'gasp' ?), NOTRE DAME, NORTHWESTERN,  ARIZONA ST.

-BK

• Like 1

JimD

Steve, you picking anytime soon??? :ychain: Thought I would wait and see what you decide....before I offer up my picks.... :bow-blue:

Steve's picks are back in post #99, page 4. :)

MICHIGAN  michigan.png,MINNESOTA, UCLA, INDIANA, MICHIGAN ST., IOWA,  ILLINOIS, CENTRAL FLORIDA, CALIFORNIA (did I hear JimD 'gasp' ?), NOTRE DAME, NORTHWESTERN,  ARIZONA ST.

-BK

:scared-yipes::ROTF:

Edited by JimD

RMCIII

Arizona St. over Wisconsin

Nebraska over UCLA

The Ohio State over Cal

Penn. State over UCF

Washington over Illinois

Iowa State over Iowa

Bowling Green over Indiana

Notre Dame over Perdue

N'western over W. Michigan

Michigan over Akron

Minn. over W. Illinois

Michigan St. over Youngstown

bitten

GO BUCKEYES

Looking at this weeks games at a glance and one might think it would be easy picking. There are some teams that the B1G are playing this week that are good teams without having the spotlight.

michigan

minnesota

nebraska

bowling green ?????

michigan state

iowa  ?????

washington

penn state

The OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

notre dame

northwestern

wisconsin might be the best game of the week.

Good Luck to everyone and to all the B1G teams.

bitten

Im not to sure what Im doing with my post. I tried to change one of my picks so please bear with me.

I am going to take washington over illinois. and iowa st over iowa.

So the new list looks like this:

michigan

minnesota

nebraska

bowling green

michigan state

iowa st

washington

penn state

The OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

notre dame

northwestern

wisconsin

stevasaurus

OK...I have the corrections.  There are five games that we all picked the same...Michigan, Minnesota, Michigan St., Notre Dame, and Northwestern.  Of the 7 games left...2 picked UCLA...4 picked Bowling Green...4 picked Iowa St....4 picked Washington...1 picked Central Florida...1 picked California...and 2 picked Arizona St. :) :) :)   OMG...4 games with the PAC 12 today...that is why this is a tough week to pick. :bow-blue:

I'll try real hard this week to post the results correctly after the games are over.  No promises though...My new friend (ZanePetty) mailed me a bottle of "Ole Smokey Tennessee Moonshine" yesterday for helping him with his horse transmission.  It is looking pretty lonely sitting on the shelf right now.  I'm thinking I have someone to watch the games with. :woohoo:   Thanks Zane. :orcs-cheers:

stevasaurus

You know, I just have to say this.  The BTN runs the last weekends games all the next week, and I sometimes enjoy watching a game I did not get to watch on Saturday, but this last week, every time I tuned into the BTN they were running the Michigan vs Notre Dame game.  Give me a break...11 other games were played last Saturday.  I'll bet they do not run the Acorn vs Michigan games as often this week...Michigan was lucky, as they often are, can't believe they did not put the time back on the clock after the review for 1st down at the end of the game. Sorry for the rant, but even you Michigan fans have to admit...shananagans...at home...in the big house...are you kidding me!!!  If you are that good...prove it...don't have it handed to you at home...shameful.  $$$$$, I hope it has not come to this. :bow-blue:  I realize that Michigan has no control over what the refs do, but this kind of thing seems to happen more there then anywhere else.  Shame & Shananagans  All of you Michigan fans really know who won that game...sleep well. :)  BTW...I picked Michigan to win...not to have it handed to them.

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

papaglide

Thank you for bringing up this great point regarding that game! I want to, but just didn't want to get heckled for liking the Irish.

• Like 1

JimD

You know, I just have to say this.  The BTN runs the last weekends games all the next week, and I sometimes enjoy watching a game I did not get to watch on Saturday, but this last week, every time I tuned into the BTN they were running the Michigan vs Notre Dame game.  Give me a break...11 other games were played last Saturday.  I'll bet they do not run the Acorn vs Michigan games as often this week...Michigan was lucky, as they often are, can't believe they did not put the time back on the clock after the review for 1st down at the end of the game. Sorry for the rant, but even you Michigan fans have to admit...shananagans...at home...in the big house...are you kidding me!!!  If you are that good...prove it...don't have it handed to you at home...shameful.  $$$$$, I hope it has not come to this. :bow-blue:  I realize that Michigan has no control over what the refs do, but this kind of thing seems to happen more there then anywhere else.  Shame & Shananagans  All of you Michigan fans really know who won that game...sleep well. :)  BTW...I picked Michigan to win...not to have it handed to them.

I tried to use wisdom to explain how Akron could give the Wolverettes such a good game. All I could come up with is that Michigan is just not that good.

owl-facepalm_zps00e2d63f.gif

• Like 3

RMCIII

All I know is Indian sure showed up to play -1 for me and who would of thunk that UCLA would have put such a thumping on Nebraska -2. Like I said, heart breakers and game changers this week...... :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead::ranting:  :ranting:  :angry-cussingwhite:  :angry-cussingwhite:  

• Like 1

stevasaurus

RMCIII...both bk-scouter and I thought that would happen... :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance:

Sorry...I am having way too much fun. :)

Edited by stevasaurus

squonk

Well now I know what the wooby was. The refs in Michigan used to work in Seattle!!

"Bringing Up The Rear!"

• Like 1

bk-scouter

Boy if I only knew how to play a violin, It would go well with all the wine and cheese around here... Now please excuse me while I go send a check to some Big 10 refs...

-BK

• Like 2

papaglide

Wine and cheese? Thats not what I am talking about! Narragansett and cheese here fellas! The cheeze and blue lucked out yet again. They just aren't THAT good. Time will tell I reckon. Huskers? Man, who would have thunk it? Well, my 17 year old did and I just laughed at him.....oh well. On to more boilermakers and Irish....yikes tied? What, 18 point faves? Wow!

stevasaurus

Actually, why shouldn't Purdue hang tough with Notre Dame???  Michigan beat Notre Dame.  Michigan should have lost to Acorn Who.  Therefore, Acorn could beat Notre Dame.  So I'm thinking a Purdue win here is not really an upset.  There is just way too many over rated teams at the start of any season based on their winning est programs through the years.  Watch what Northern Illinois does to Purdue September 28th. :)

JimD

Purdue did hang with Notre Dame, but still lost. And a little respect for Akron please. They played like a Big Ten team today. Acorns are for squirrels, and squirrels are for mini vans in Maryland. :ychain:

• Like 4

papaglide

Much respect for Akron and less....way less for the cheeze and blue. Their time will come. The Irish come thru. Purdue could not play that well for the whole game and ND couldn't play that poorly for the whole game. Wisconsin better watch out, Sun Devils are looking good.....and I picked the Badgers.

stevasaurus

WOW...I can't believe what happened to Wisconsin at the end of the game...just not right.  OK, anyway, that's life.  The PAC 12 won 3 of the 4 games today against the big ten.

BK-Scouter has this week's bragging rights at 10 / 2...what a come back. Congratulations BK. :):woohoo:

......................................week 3..............total

BK-Scouter.....................10 / 2...............25 / 11

hodge71...........................8 / 4................27 / 9

JimD................................8 / 4................27 / 9

papaglide.........................8 / 4................26 / 10

RMCIII..............................8 / 4................27 / 9

Squonk............................8 / 4................24 / 12

stevasaurus.....................8 / 4................28 / 8

bitten...............................7 / 5.................27 / 9

Brrly1...............................7 / 5................26 / 10

• Like 1