Brrly1

"Are you ready for some Big Ten football"

Brrly1

Ok, let's leave the Hawkeyes alone. Never mind, I wasn't going to do this but here goes. Iowa Hawkeyes wrestling team has just moved in the ranking from #4 to #1 after defeating ISU. Go figure!!!!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

IOWA has the best dang wrestling team ever.  :orcs-cheers:   Does their wrestling coach know anything about football??? :ychain:  I picked NIU this year to beat IOWA in the 1st game this season, and I was not disappointed. :)  Rob, I know NIU did not play their best in the Orange Bowl last year (overwhelmed maybe), but they did make a game out of it near the end.  They are looking for respect for the MAC, and I think they are going to get it this year.  Out side of the Orange Bowl, their only loss last year was to IOWA...and IOWA was lucky to win that game...it was at Soldier Field in Chicago.  Their football field in DeKalb, about 20 miles west of me, is about as big as the high school stadium here in Elgin.  My prediction...the Big Ten is not going to look at playing NIU in the pre-conference games like it is a "W" for them anymore. :woohoo:

• Like 1

RMCIII

Wait, is this wresting, or FOOTBALL we are talking about????? So John must be feeling overwhelmed with despair about the Hawkeyes football team, so let's include wrestling now.... Come on John.. Keep to the thread. I have taken my lumps from you and it's your turn to take some lumps for Myself and whoever else>>>>>> HAHAHA....As I shared with you, it was because of Iowa posers, that have given me the sour taste of "Hawkers", wait I got a "hocker" to spit out of my mouth. Ya'll brag way too much and win way too little. I never did wrestle at a college level, but I sure played football, at a college/semi-pro level. But I don't brag about it, just because I did it. Iowans seem to "relish" in the Dan Gables mentality. Weather they wrestled or not....I also wrestled, was a great foundation, for some of my other careers in the past. < Again, I an not bragging. So, take your lumps, Hawkeyes lost to NIU, and well, they definitely will not be playing in a BCS bowl game.... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I guess we will have to wait until next year, to see if they can become a potential force, in the Big 10....My Prediction now DOUBT IT!!!! So sorry John... I do mean that with all humility. If I could meet just 1 Hawkeye person, that does not mention Hawkeye wrestling, when all their other sports are lacking I may change my mind. But, as you even jumped too, Hawkeyes wrestling, is now #1. DID YOU.... WRESTLE for the Hawkeyes???? I'll leave it at that... I do understand supporting your team... As I have stated. I am true Scarlet and Grey, but I also understand reality of sports..... I have mentioned several times that Ohio State is over rated, and I still believe that. There is no way they could pair with FSU, but I will still root for them, if they make it to the BCS Championship game.. Steve, tell Karl, I am just venting and not to delete my membership.... :*****:  :laughing-rofl:

Edited by RMCIII

papaglide

Lynch is bad a## and the program as a whole is very well run. My only concern is how much of an impact that a graduated Lynch will have on this team next year. He has played an instrumental role in the rise of this team over the past few seasons and I feel that his departure will mean a significant drop in the quality of play next season. Look at how Central was with out LeFevour. Will they be able to beat "higher" quality opponents? Maybe not. Enjoy this kid and this team now gentleman, for they may not be this good again for quite some time.

P.s. whats with Iowa and wrestling? Ernie "the big cat" Ladd anyone?

• Like 1

Brrly1

How about them Falcons!!!! Huskies who?

Edited by Brrly1
  • Like 1

RMCIII

Well, I eat my words on that game....No excuses, NIU did not even make it close...Not much else to say on that note...They looked like a struggling team last night.

papaglide

Surprised me too.

JimD

Well, the Buckeyes great run of wins has ended. Michigan State outplayed us tonight without a doubt. This will no doubt dash the Buck's hopes of playing in the National Championship game. The Spartans are off to the Rose Bowl, and well have to see where the Buckeyes end up in the Bowl Game picture. Congratulations to the BIG Champion Michigan State Spartans!

• Like 2

RMCIII

Like I have said... They are not and have not been a #2 team. BCS get's what they want, FSU vs. Auburn Title Game....Bucks,,just like Cleveland teams, disappoint you in the end. You get your hopes up only to be let down...They didn't just loose, they got crushed. I'd like to see FSU vs. MSU... With that defense, I really think MSU could make it a great game. As it stands, will be something similar to the Auburn vs. Mizz. score.....

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 2

HorseFixer

Like I have said... They are not and have not been a #2 team. BCS get's what they want, FSA vs. Auburn Title Game....Bucks,,just like Cleveland teams, disappoint you in the end. You get your hopes up only to be let down...They didn't just loose, they got crushed. I'd like to see FSU vs. MSU... With that defense, I really think MSU could make it a great game. As it stands, will be something similar to the Auburn vs. Mizz. score.....

:text-yeahthat:    If Big Brother Cant Do It, We Call In Lil Sister My Other Michigan Team.  All Jokes aside it was a well fought Game:notworthy:  

:banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance:  :banana-linedance:   

I will be back and whip you all during Bowl Season Pick's Just Like Last Year!  :eusa-whistle:

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 1

JimD

Figures, we haven't heard from you all season, and  I've never heard you mention Michigan State with anything other than disdain and now all of a sudden they are your "Other Michigan Team". Talk about fanning the fair weather... :ROTF:

• Like 2

Brrly1

I guess I should've known! Duke posts and here comes Big Jim (sorry about you lost last night Jim). Duke we missed you this season maybe next year when you have more time. Looking forward to the bowl games and Yes the Iowa Hawkeyes are headed to a bowl game this year! Twelve out of fifteen years of coaching isn't bad at all, at least in my book. I heard a story where the Buckeyes are playing in the Pizza bowl in Detroit where they will probably get there .... handed to them when they play Bowling Green Falcons!!!! LOL sorry I couldn't resist

As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!!

post-45-0-13338100-1386517661.jpg

stevasaurus

Two weeks ago, Auburn was not even in the conversation for the Championship...so much for all those ESPN know it alls. :bow-blue:  You've got to love college football.  Congratulations to MSU on their Big Ten Championship.  They did not really win anything...they would have gone to the Rose Bowl win or loose.  The only thing that happened...the Big Ten teams that go to the  bowls this year will all be the under dogs.  The Big Ten needs to win a bunch of these games to have any credibility.  Eight teams are bowl eligible...I would think that either Michigan or Penn St. will be playing in Detroit against a MAC team...maybe not.  The lowest teams bowl bound are 7-5...if we had one sitting at 6-6, they may not even be bowling this year.  MSU beating Ohio St. was not good for the conference...except maybe it kept us out of the Championship Game and from looking completely inept. :eusa-think::) :)

• Like 2

JimD

It should be known that while I don't talk strategy much for a serious lack of knowledge having only been really interested in college football for the last few years, I had no delusions about Ohio State's abilities. Are there other teams better than OSU? You bet. Auburn? I'm on the fence. Florida State? Most likely would have handed OSU a can whoop***. But you can't deny that 24 straight wins with a brand new head coach is impressive in any conference, but this conference has a way to go to be able to compete  with the SEC. MSU whipped us, no doubt about it. I'm used to saying next year, I'm a Browns fan, remember?

And Brrly, you're too much... :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Figures, we haven't heard from you all season, and  I've never heard you mention Michigan State with anything other than disdain and now all of a sudden they are your "Other Michigan Team". Talk about fanning the fair weather... :ROTF:

What???????  Were FAMILY....... cause MSU is our Lil Sister!  :hilarious:

Actually Just Like ND I root for 12 Teams Which are MICHIGAN and anyone who plays oHio or ND! :thumbs: 

I will always pull for a team located in my HOME STATE.  :text-thankyouyellow:

papaglide

I agree with all that has been said. Iowa's consistency, John I mean that in a good way! MSU' s defense. Bucks being overrated.......

Boy's it will only get better next year when Maryland and Rutgers join a conference that already has a HUGE credibility problem.

Duke I agree with rooting for your home-state teams! That's why I am sooo glad that I don't live in MICHIGAN!!!

Actually, my best friend lives there and I have visited umpteen times and love it there, matter of fact almost moved there......then I would have to disagree! Haha!

Edited by papaglide

stevasaurus

Jim...absolutely...24 wins in a row is very special...wait...extremely special.  They have had 2 really great seasons in a row.  :woohoo:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Bob...I totally agree with you on who you root for...only I would add Michigan to my list...along with Ohio St. and ND.  :ychain::) :)   The bowl pairings should come out this week.  So, I root for Illinois and Northwestern, NIU and everyone that is playing Michigan, Ohio St. and ND...did I mention that I am also very fond of Wisconsin.  It's been a very long season for me. :deadhorse:   The highlight of my season this year...NIU beating IOWA. :woohoo:  Like Jim said...NEXT YEAR!! :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

JimD

Actually Just Like ND I root for 12 Teams Which are MICHIGAN and anyone who plays oHio or ND! :thumbs: 

Glad there was room on the ...

fan_bandwagon_clean1.gif?w=640

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Edited by JimD
  • Like 4

RMCIII

Anyone remember, a while back on my comments regarding The Big 10???? ONE HIT WONDERS!!!!! That is all they are....They prove it again, this year....Like I said, until they (any team of the Big 10) can actually but together some consistent winning seasons, that lead to BCS Title Game wins, Big 10 will always be One Hit Wonders. You cheer your a$$ off when any one of the teams make it a showing. Then we wait around, for a few more years, until the next 1 Hit Wonder surfaces....Well, although Scarlet a Grey is what I bleed. I am whole heartily cheering for MSU...

JimD

I would pull for another team here too Bob if we had another in the B1G. I do still wonder though, what does it feel like getting your butt kicked by your little sister? :teasing-poke::ychain:

stevasaurus

Jim...you could always help me root for Illinois...and who ever plays Michigan... :ychain::)

Bob...Duff won the bowl picks last year...I hope he gets in to defend his crown. :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

HorseFixer

Jim...you could always help me root for Illinois...and who ever plays Michigan... :ychain::)

Bob...Duff won the bowl picks last year...I hope he gets in to defend his crown. :)

Steve Duff and I tied!

HorseFixer

I would pull for another team here too Bob if we had another in the B1G. I do still wonder though, what does it feel like getting your butt kicked by your little sister? :teasing-poke::ychain:

Well if you add how many games we lead Ohio by and MSU by and add them together both your teams might make 1 Good Team and so the story Goes!!!  :hilarious: Proofs In The Puddin!

UofMVSSPARTY-1.png  UofMVsOhio-1.png

Edited by HorseFixer

HorseFixer

Actually I take that back all the scores added together its........

Michigan 128 wins to  78 Losses and 11 Ties  Better add a third Team in or prolly a 4th team in to make it even!  :hilarious: