Brrly1

"Are you ready for some Big Ten football"

RMCIII

Well, here we go...For bragging rights until next year. With that:

• Nebraska over Iowa
  • Michigan St. Over Minnesota
  • The Ohio State Buckeyes over Michigan
  • Indiana over Perdue
  • Northwestern over Illini. < Although a tough pick. Looking at the losses on either school, for the most part Northwestern has kept their games close, so Illini will be held to a very low score. Illini is ranked 107th in points against, so if Northwestern can get their offense rolling, they will steamroll Illini.
  • Wisconsin over Penn Sate.
  • Like 1

bitten

OK so I have seen some of you guys pick with your heart, head and tea leaves this year, For the last regular week of the season Im going to pick who I want to win. I mean why not, I'm so far out of first place that I might as well.

Iowa vs Nebraska   I am going to pick Iowa on this game because my team played them and I want them to have the best record that they can get.

Minnesota vs Michigan State  Michigan State Again so they will have the best record they can for when we play them.

OHIO STATE vs Michigan  OHIO STATE  No brainier here guys.

Purdue vs. Indiana  Who cares They both had bad seasons but I will go with Indiana just so I picked one.

Northwestern vs. Illinois Again who cares. Northwestern had to be the biggest let down of the season for me. Started out looking like they were headed places but NO that didnt happen. Illinois

Penn State vs Wisconsin Wisconsin

The B10 teams for the most part have a ways to go and bringing in Rutgers and Maryland in to the mix just seems to me like the conference isnt getting any stronger. It would be great if this weeks games really mattered in the collage football sceem of things, 5 or 6 teams with good records fighting to play the B10 championship game. Do I sound like a salty OHIO STATE fan? I am very happy with my team just not the way things have turned out so far.

Any ways go BUCKEYES

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Need Papaglide and BK-Scouter's picks yet...and Hodge71 if he is still around... :)

papaglide

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Nebraska. Once again the Huskers are at it. They just plain make me nervous picking them. Which team will show up? Iowa had a great game last week. But like Nebraska, which team will show up?

Michigan State is a...seems to be a .... goo.....good ..team. There I said it. I didn't really want to but I did. Minnesota doesn't seem to be so good now.

Ohio State. VERY GOOD TEAM. VERY WELL COACHED TEAM. VERY GOOD QB. VERY GOOD DEFENSE. See Florida 2005-2010.

Michigan....Michigan is just being Michigan. Not so good and not so well coached despite what some CFB TV personalities think.

Indiana. At least they have an offense. Purdue. Griese, Breeze and Tiller would all have to make a comeback for this team to have some chance at beating the hoosiers. They are not a good football team.

Northwestern. What a colossal disappointment they are this year. Illinois. No disappointment here folks. Just your plain old Illinois team thats been playing this same way since Jack Trudeau played here.

Penn State. This team may be on their way to becoming relevant again but it won't happen this week. Wisconsin. They are a very good football team and very well coached. Going forward, the program may have more success under Anderson than when that other guy was here..the name escapes me but he is now at Arkansas State? Brett .....Favre? No that's not it.

Rutgers, Maryland...ugh. Are they replacing Purdue and Illinois? Way to go Commish. I guess Temple and UConn declined an invite?

Nebraska, Michigan State, Ohio State, Indiana, Northwestern, Wisconsin.

• Like 1

bk-scouter

Just woke up from all the turkey I had yesterday, so here I go...

Nebraska, Michigan State, Michigan (I know, I know. The basement is not too bad once you get used to it), Indiana, Northwestern and Wisconsin.

-BK

Edited by bk-scouter
  • Like 1

squonk

As I said before: The basement is more fun! No pressure. :)

RMCIII

Based on the games remaining, games that John and I picked, and the place he was in going into this last week. I would say John has got this year of conference games wrapped up. Nice job. HOWEVER......ROUND 2 BEGINS>....... BOWL GAMES BABY.... :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: :banana-tux:

squonk

I like coming up from the bottom . Watch out for the bottom seeds

bitten

GO BUCKEYES beat ichigan!!!

stevasaurus

RESULTS OF WEEK # 14  NOVEMBER 30  WINNING TEAMS...IOWA, MICHIGAN ST...OHIO ST...INDIANA...NORTHWESTERN,,,PENN ST.

WEIGHING IN AT...

5 WINS AND 1 LOSS...JIMD, SQOUNK   BRAGGING RIGHTS FOR THE WEEK.. :bow-blue:

4 WINS AND 2 LOSSES...STEVASAURUS, PAPAGLIDE, BRRLY1, RMCIII, BITTEN

3 WINS AND 3 LOSSES...BK-SCOUTER

FINAL STANDINGS...TOTAL...

78 WINS AND 18 LOSSES.....BRRLY1...CHAMPION.. :bow-blue:    * corrected

75 WINS AND 21 LOSSES.....RMCIII    

74 WINS AND 22 LOSSES.....JIMD

73 WINS AND 23 LOSSES.....PAPGLIDE

72 WINS AND 24 LOSSES.....BITTEN                    * corrected

69 WINS AND 27 LOSSES.....STEVASAURUS

66 WINS AND 30 LOSSES.....SQUONK

64 WINS AND 20 LOSSES.....HODGE71

62 WINS AND 30 LOSSES.....BK-SCOUTER

I hope my math is right...can't believe there are no ties...what a season...it has been a lot of fun gentlemen .  I will start a new thread when the bowl pairings come out...GO BIG TEN IN THE BOWL GAMES...YA RIGHT :bow-blue:

CONGRATULATIONS TO BRRLY1...he is the only one that picked IOWA all season... :) :) :)

Alabama just lost to Auburn...OMG...here we go... :woohoo:

OK...I think the math is right now...the guys that were in all season...games add up to 96  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

JimD

Congratulations to Big Bad John!! AKA Brrly1. Now I know what the 1 stands for behind your screen name. No.1 Big Ten Know It All!! :ychain::bow-blue: :bow-blue: Way to pick em John! :thumbs:

papaglide

Lotsa fun fellas. Congratulations Brrly1...John! Can't believe how fast it went!

Edited by papaglide

bitten

I had a great time with it fellas, Thanks.

John good job, next year Im just going to copy you.

stevasaurus Thank you for keeping score.

Yup Yup Go Buckeyes!!!

squonk

The foursome in the boiler room has been determined!!!!

• Like 1

JimD

Yes I forgot to say how much I enjoyed this thread too guys, You all were a bunch of fun and the ribbing was cool too. Thanks to all of you for making this a fun and successful thread. Wow. 414 posts and all in good spirit. Special thanks to my buddy Stevillinisaurus for all your hard work. :bow-blue::thumbs:

• Like 4

RMCIII

Steve...Math is a little off... But the order is correct..

John/Brryl should have 78 wins 18 losses

Rob/RMCIII should have 76 wins 20 losses

Then everything else looks correct from there....... Nice job John...Bowl Game Time.....

• Like 1

RMCIII

Scratch that last one... I had forgot about Wisconsin losing.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Though it will not count in the standings...I am going to pick Ohio St. to win the BG10 Championship game. :)

• Like 2

JimD

I'm with you Steve, Bucks all the way!

RMCIII

Ok, here come my :twocents-02cents: . I stated it way back when this started. As much as I enjoy The Ohio State Buckeyes, they are not a match, for FSU. I can hear the counter strikes now. BCS is setting Alabama up to jump OSU if they do not beat MSU in a BIG way. And based on how OSU played against MU, and the fact that MSU's defense is ranked above OSU, well I think you get where this is going to go. Now add in the "Strength of Schedule" factor and well, double whammy. So again if OSU does not beat MSU by at least 30 points Saturday, they will be pushed to 3rd, Alabama will go to number 2 and it will be FSU vs. Alabama in the BCS title game. But here is what I am more excited about . HOW ABOUT THEM HUSKIES!!!!!! Currently they are slotted to pay against Oklahoma State in the Fiesta Bowl........ Go Huskies....WOOOHOOO... I only hope this year, after their very poor performance last year, they now have the experience of how a BIG GAME feels.

Brrly1

Well first off, How sweet it is!!!! Life at the top is Fantastic!!! Ok, talking about the NIU Huskies they have to get by BGSU first. Stevasaurus, what do you think about this weekend of possibly posting the championship title games for instance the BIG10 and possibly the MAC and whatever else you might do. Papaglide probably not to happy with BGSU. Only a thought.

stevasaurus

You will have to do it John...I have a patch on one eye and the other one can not read a thing.  It is a struggle to do this. I have to use a magnifying glass at the moment and the keys are not where I think they are.  :bow-blue:

squonk

And it's not even "Talk Like a Pirate Day"

• Like 1

papaglide

John, you are right about BGSU! 7 point game at the half against the Bulls then the dam burst! UB still had a nice season though. That MAC game ought to be a good one.

RMCIII

Just a little thought for all you BG fans. NIU took down, well let's begin at the top, who was that team oh-yeah IOWA Chickens., Wait Haymakers, I'll get it right, Hawkeyes. Then Perdue < not saying that was a big issue. Toledo won against BG, but the Huskies, well they won. BG has not faced an opponent that has a QB like Lynch. Lynch, is right behind Winston for the Heisman...On top of that, they are ranked 14th.......I'm going to say this is a simple slam dunk for NIU....Not often I go out on a limb like that, but if you have not been watching them, they have an offense that is ranked in the top 10, and rushing yards in the top 5...On top of that, they have something to prove, from last year's Bowl game. Redemption is only 2 games away, and they can taste it..... :orcs-cheers:  :popcorn:

• Like 2