Brrly1

"Are you ready for some Big Ten football"

RMCIII

Just so you all know, and we did this last year, the college football season is like Hockey...the teams play all season to eliminate 4 teams from the playoffs.  With that in mind...you will have a chance to pick all the Bowl Games...starting with the first Bowl Game that features a Big Ten team. :woohoo:   I think there was 22 games to pick and it started just after Christmas.  Here is a link to last years thread.... :)

Question...should I do a separate thread, like last year, or just keep going with the Bowl Game picks in this thread?

Well, here are my :twocents-02cents: . Bowl games are completely separate from the conference games. That is why all sports designate the end of the regular season, who makes the next round, and who makes the semi-final, finals, and championships. Sorry for being so anal, but there is a difference, after the conference games are over. Either you are in, or you are out. Which means, in my book, start a new thread.... I know that is a pain, but, we may get others to join in. Who knows, the more the merrier... :thumbs:  :greetings-wavingblue:

• Like 1

JimD

I definitely like the separate thread for the bowl picks. Like RMC said, we might get more players in a new thread. Not everyone is a Big 10 fan. There's the SEC and many other conferences in play in the bowl games. It makes it interesting to expand your horizons and pick from teams you know even less about than the B1G teams. :)

• Like 4

papaglide

Penn St., Wisconsin, Ohio St., Northwestern, Nebraska. The first three are easy. The last 2 may require some thought....unless you are a person that doesn't like any team from Michigan. Then the picks are a piece of cake!

Seriously, I think that Michigan has shot their wad. They are back down on earth and reality has set in. They aren't in the big house and Northwestern has an axe to grind. Wildcats by 7.

Sparty on the other has a nice defence but they are in Lincoln and the Huskers are starting to come around. Dantonio will run out of mojo and Sparty will go down by 2 scores. Huskers by 10.

Hodge71

Heres my picks. Not sure how things will go. Once I move tomorrow I will be so far out in the sticks at my new place there is neither cable nor cell phone serviceso internet is not going to happen. I will figure it out though

Penn State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Northwestern, Nebraska. Hope I picked good

squonk

I definitely like the separate thread for the bowl picks. Like RMC said, we might get more players in a new thread. Not everyone is a Big 10 fan. There's the SEC and many other conferences in play in the bowl games. It makes it interesting to expand your horizons and pick from teams you know even less about than the B1G teams. :)

My horizons are expanded all the way. I have 0 knowledge of college football or who's in what conference. All I know is Miami produces a lot of thugs, Oregon has weird uni's, and Mich state has a cool mascot. What do I win if I finish at the bottom of both. :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

bk-scouter

PENN ST. , WISCONSIN, OHIO ST., MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN ST.

-BK

JimD

My horizons are expanded all the way. I have 0 knowledge of college football or who's in what conference. All I know is Miami produces a lot of thugs, Oregon has weird uni's, and Mich state has a cool mascot. What do I win if I finish at the bottom of both. :)

You won't win anything, but you are officially no longer in the basement by win count. You passed someone else's win count and stepped right out of the basement. So no coffee, doughnuts, or card games for you! :naughty: (you can keep the flashlights) :ychain:

• Like 3

squonk

Gotta have at least 4 to get a good card game going!  :)

• Like 1

bitten

penn state

wisconsin

The Ohio State Buckeyes

northwestern

michigan state

stevasaurus

Separate thread for bowl games...it is. :)   I like that, just thought I would ask.  It will not be all the bowl games, same as last year...start with the first Big Ten team in a bowl and all the rest from there.  I will start the thread when the pairings come out. 

I already know that Iowa will be in the Toilet Bowl...and somebody will wipe their butt...GO ILLINOIS :ychain::)

• Like 2

squonk

WAS THAT A SHELL I SAW FLYING ACROSS THE INTERWEBS?? :)  :) KABOOM!!!  :helmet:  :helmet: 

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

JimD

Oh Lordy, it's gonna get deep in here. HAHAHAHAHA!

squonk

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

WEEK #12 RESULTS   NOVEMBER 16...WINNING TEAMS...PENN ST., WISCONSIN, OHIO ST.., MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN ST.

WEIGHING IN AT...

5 WINS AND 0 LOSSES...BK-SCOUTER, JIMD, RMCIII... :bow-blue:

4 WINS AND 1 LOSS.......BITTEN, BRRLY1, SQUONK

3 WINS AND 2 LOSSES...HODGE71, PAPAGLIDE, STEVASAURUS

TOTAL STANDINGS AFTER 12 WEEKS...

66 WINS AND 18 LOSSES....BRRLY1 & RMCIII

64 WINS AND 20 LOSSES...BITTEN, HODGE71, JIMD, PAPAGLIDE

61 WINS AND 23 LOSSES...STEVASAURUS

56 WINS AND 28 LOSSES...SQUONK

55 WINS AND 25 LOSSES...BK-SCOUTER

squonk

I like plain and glazed donuts Steve!

• Like 2

RMCIII

Q: What should you do if you find three University Of Iowa football fans buried up to their neck in cement?

A: Get more cement.

I'm just sayin'...

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I have to say..."I would rather be picking on Michigan, and not Iowa". :)  That game yesterday with Northwestern...the ending was Painful. :bow-blue:  It has been that kind of season for the Wildcats.  Piking on Iowa is fun...picking on Michigan is required. :eusa-think:

• Like 4

papaglide

Michigan.....ugh.

bk-scouter

Hey you guys keep it down up there, I'm trying to get some shut eye down here in the basement.

-BK

• Like 4

stevasaurus

WEEK # 13.....NOVEMBER 23.... 6 GAMES THIS WEEK  :)

michigan.png  MICHIGAN  AT  IOWA  iowa.png

illinois.png  ILLINOIS  AT  PURDUE   purdue.png

michigan_state.png  MICHIGAN ST.  AT  NORTHWESTERN  northwestern.png

nebraska.png  NEBRASKA  AT  PENN ST.  penn_state.png

wisconsin.png  WISCONSIN  AT  MINNESOTA  minnesota.png

indiana.png  INDIANA  AT  OHIO ST.  ohio_state.png

stevasaurus

Some tough picks this week...Michigan, Illinois, Northwestern, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Ohio St.   I don't know :bow-blue:

squonk

Just think with your Dipstick!  :)

dipstick1_zps032cc543.jpg

papaglide

Michigan, Illinois, Michigan State, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Ohio State.

I really think that 3 of these games could go the other way. Sparty, huskers and badgers could fall. Nebraska wouldn't surprise me in the least if they dropped an egg, this could be an upset special. Northwestern's luck has to change doesn't it? Home, State just played a big game...things go right for the Wildcats. Minnesota may have a big game....Wisconsin just played a whale of a game...everything went to plan for them. The least possible upset but...?

• Like 1

Brrly1

post-45-0-14525500-1384986426.jpgJust in case someone is bored this evening with nothing to do. Theres a MAC game on this evening, my money says its gonna be a good one with Northen Illinois vs Toledo. They seem to be a couple of the better teams in the MAC. Anyways , kind of undecided on the picks but I can give this insight

Iowa to Win!!! Go Hawkeyes!!!

post-45-0-14525500-1384986426.jpg

• Like 1

papaglide

Jordan Lynch is the man. Let's not forget last night's MAC game, Buffalo 44 Miami, Oh 7! UB is 8-3 with their only MAC loss to....Toledo. Northern better watch out!