Sign in to follow this  
Anglo Traction

Workshop Consolidation

Anglo Traction

Firstly, I'm doing this on my kindle fire HD, so I Hope it all look's ok and the pics appear. Image quality not good, as it only has a forward facing camera (for Skype), but I still tried it. :hide:

Last couple of weeks, I've been shifting my dismantled Lathe over to my other place up in Horley to where my Horses are while I still had the Van (selling it soon).  Now fully reassembled on a proper stand.

post-3520-0-38493700-1376141757_thumb.jp

Just to make it feel at home and not get lonely, it has company--

post-3520-0-62549900-1376142068_thumb.jp post-3520-0-59636900-1376152060_thumb.jp

Needed  a decent Drill Press & the larger Milling facility is a handy bonus. It's not the best quality in the world, shame it's not a Bridgeport, but will serve my needs for Carb & Fuel pump work.  Lucky to have had my neighbour bring his Mini Digger around to lift it onto the Stand. Yes, I've had a lot of it apart and meticulously cleaned,greased, adjusted and checked for tolerances etc. Just need to finish Tramming the table-column alignment, then it's playtime. Actually, I've already used it to mill several flats on a newly made Counter Shaft for the Lathe.

Lots of jobs I can get on with now. So if you like machining pics , I'll do some when I work on my front Rims and Carb Throttle Shafts etc.

Regards

Edited by Anglo Traction
  • Like 5

AMC RULES

Looks too clean...like an OR in there.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Anglo Traction

It's not too clean though Craig. The paint pot is hiding behind the Raider's Wheel- 

post-3520-0-02232100-1376152248_thumb.jp

• Like 2

neil

Now that workshop is gonna keep you off the streets Richard

Looking forward to see what works of art come from there

Neil

AMC RULES

Great little shop Richard.    :) 

Lars

Looks really good there Richard!!!

meadowfield

Looking fab Richard!

neil

so when will be able to start placing orders for parts then Dickie

Anglo Traction

so when will be able to start placing orders for parts then Dickie

Hi All, Thanks. Will be on-going plan to get 'Tooled Up'  for what I would like to do. An expensive game for the Mill/Drill.

Lathe Tooling, I already have most of the Tools/Attachments to cover most operations.

As for parts fabrication Neil, depends what is needed. I'll be looking to make some, do a few mods and improvements on my Tractor(s) and testing them first. 

Then see how we go.

Regards

Stigian

Nice workshop Richard, I can't wait to see what the "Master of detail and perfection" creates next..

Oh, if your really bored your more than welcome to come and tidy my workshop to your standards :D

• Like 1

Anglo Traction

Cheers Ian !, Yeah ok, next time I visit, I'll push a broom around for you :roll:  :ychain:

Well, I 've decided to do a complete Kohler  #26 overhaul as my first project.

The Carb off the '81' K301 that was/is in a bit of a state (engine is on my C-120 now) , badly worn/damaged, left outside for several years and filled with water.

New Throttle shaft and Plate being made up, new Bronze Bushes and even the No 3-48 UNC Screws are being made. I can start a thread on it if it will be of use. Be warned though ! , being a fussy Git, I work to tolerances of 0.0005" (1/2 a Thousandth of an inch) when achievable whether it's necessary or not. 

Got the 'Run Out' sorted on the Milling Spindle so happy with it's condition- 

post-3520-0-15210600-1376854142_thumb.jp

Using a quality Dead Centre after cleaning out the 2mt Socket, I got zero deflection with No side load and barely 1 thou" with side load (also in pic is a preliminary set up for Holding the Carb Body for boring etc.) 

So I'm dumping the inaccurate Drill Chuck and Arbour that came with the Machine, as it won't hold anything true to Spindle Axis and this was borne out by also checking it in the Lathe (same No 2 Morse Taper size).

Ordered a new expensive H/Dty accurate Jacobs Chuck and an Arrand Arbour.  

This will finally allow me to finish the setting up and get started :handgestures-fingerscrossed:  . 

Zeek

You must move HERE and be my neighbor!! :auto-camptrailer:  Imagine the tractor fun we could have . . . . :auto-rally:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

No not there...here first.   :)  

• Like 1

JimD

That's a dandy looking shop filled with cool machines Richard. Looking forward to some of your projects, and yes, videos please! :)

• Like 1

RMCIII

rich- no rush, let me know when you open for business. I have some orders to place already. 1 being a new shaft for my 42" blower... LOL

BTW - shop looks great. Reminds me of when I was in the UK- RAF Heyford. We had a SR.MSGT that was more concerned with the condition of the shop than the work that was turned out< not really, but sure seemed that way.

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 1