Sign in to follow this  
Stepney

856 Pto???

Stepney

Hello all, I've went to mount the deck on the 856, and found more problems... Firstly, the 'PTO' pulley is locked solid, and the blades are a bit sloppy. (I guess this is common on the old gear drive decks) I know the deck is a 32", but there is no model No. on it, and I can't find any diagrams... I'm for the most part worried about the pto pulley, as the deck would 'work' with that fixed. At least long enough for me to fix the B-100. Would any of you happen to know the bearing No.'s for the deck and PTO? I just want to get everything 'right' so nothing blows apart mid-run... (Don't ask, and if you're wondering, I'll hint... This is EXACTLY why I'll NEVER touch another Sears-Craftsman...)... I've checked Toro's sight, but can't find a good diagram for anything related to 856, or any other short frame, and can't find an older 32" diagram.

Thanks in advance, 

Spenser.

gwest_ca

Go to

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

and do a search for 856.

Find it in the results and click on Attachments and Accessories

That will bring them all up. Notice how the model numbers have a dash in them. Clicking on the RM-326 will bring up the ipl. (Illustrated parts list)

Here is the operator manual and parts list in the RS library

Garry

Stepney

Gee, Thanks allot Garry! Just what I was looking for!

Spenser.

Well, I tried it... But the only thing I get is the assembly diagram, and transmission, and neither work. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

CasualObserver

did you search for RM-326 or just the tractor?

You'll get this diagram.... and the associated parts list.  If this isn't it, what else are you looking for?

52520033.gif

CasualObserver

The forward pulley (#52) is part #6594- a 3 sheave pulley, one belt comes down from the engine, and two drive back to the pulley on the deck's cross shaft.

Stepney

Ohh, I see now. I misunderstood you're last post. Thanks again, Garry. What I meant was that I didn't know MY deck's number, but I see it now.

Spenser.