Sign in to follow this  
dcrage

MacKissic Mighty Mac 12PT

dcrage

First time for trying to get a photo on here -- It says it is attached below

I got this MacKissic Mighty Mac 12PT off of CraigsList today here in St. Louis for $375 -- Seems to be just what I wanted -- I had been looking at used DR's which were larger and 4X $s -- So right now I am pretty happy with this -- Geez these things are stout

The guy I got it from said he purchased it 5(?) years ago online from back east -- Only reason I even knew about these things was because of the MacKissics that some of you have on your WHs -- Heck the users manual says that this unit was originally purchased from Emerich Sales and Service in Charlton, NY 

post-2399-0-82776300-1375066993_thumb.jp

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Nice purchase! I'd love to have one of those.

chazm

Yea Mighty Mac are good shredders, be careful though, The one I had on the front of my raider 10 would suck the branch right out of your hand & take you along with it if you weren't paying attention   :eusa-doh:                    

chasm :flags-waveusa:

AMC RULES

Nice score, my 520 came from the same place.

post-3498-0-61621400-1375094025_thumb.jp

GlenPettit

You're going to really enjoy this machine, everything is still available from the manufacture (screens, parts & manuals).  Lots of screens available, depending what you and how fine you want to shred.

Mine fits onto the front of the tractor, but sometimes I wished it was stand-alone like yours.  Mine was used in a grocery store to shred aluminum cans, so you sure can shred almost anything.  You have the extra side branch chute, a nice feature, retail is about $2,000 on your machine today.   Great buy!   :greetings-clappingyellow:  :greetings-clappingyellow:  :greetings-clappingyellow:

Edited by GlenPettit

Forest Road

I had a twin to that not long ago. It worked well. but i found it way to tipsy to drag around my property. Also the motor mount plate is a piece of junk. Mine came cracked. I ordered a new one and found it to be identical to the old one. Lets just say I reinforced it and all was well. Sold it on EBay and got my money back.

I found another one w a blown motor for $30 on CL. Welded a frame under it' a mile drive to the front. Then used hardware from a worn out 48" deck to go to the mid mount hitch. It's an absolute pleasure to use! Good luck w it!

Oh my 522xi loader is from Emerich's as well! Those guys have an awesome business!

shallowwatersailor

Nice purchase! I'd love to have one of those.

Look what I happen to pick up yesterday! I was able to trade my JD 14SB with a bad BBC and a some change for this. Plans are to add an 1 7/8" trailer coupler, which I use on my tow-behind equipment, and upping the wheel size to 6" and a wider tire. That may cure some of the stability issues. The hammers are in great shape with my sample pile for "She who must be obeyed" to see on the left. The engine is a B & S Intek that shows HP instead of torque but doesn't smoke and starts on the first pull. For living in MD, I have to say a lot of my stuff comes from PA.

DSCF9177_zps98a06095.jpg