Sign in to follow this  
WheelHorse_of_course

6.00-12 Tires

WheelHorse_of_course

:whistle: Hey folks.

I noticed some pretty large holes in the sidewall of the tires on my 854 today. I felt the bad spot and all I could feel was tube! So I guess I need to save up for some tires!

The funny thing is that in the last 6 months I know I have seen this exact "snow tire style" early turf tires as NOS for sale.

Of course I would have no objection to having AG or ATV tires, if the price is right. This is not a show pony so price matters as much as anything.

2 questions: B)

1) Does 6.00-12 translate to any other sizing scheme. I assume this means they are 6" wide and fit on a 12" wheel B) Are there car tires that would work?

2) Where can I get replacement tires in this size? B)

Thanks B)

MaineDad

The 6x12 tire, same as on my 753, are a bit smaller than than the newer common 23" tire. I believe they are 22.5" inches tall.

You can still buy these in many places. Try www.millertire.com

ol550

I get a lot of tires from Cedar Rapids Tire. An easy online ordering system. B)

WheelHorse_of_course

MIcah, thanks :whistle: Miller tire was the place I saw them.

But I'd still like to find something used or cheaper!

At least I know where I saw them, so I am not crazy after all B)

Nick

Mounted diameter can vary a bit between brands. Some 6-12 ags will be taller than 23-8.5x12 and even 23-10.5-12. Turf or Ag tires shouldnt cost to much in 6-12.

A local tire shop should be able to get a good price on Carlisle tires, Im in a farm area so might be easier for me though. B) I forget your location but Glens surplus in Shelby Ohio had some good prices on Carlise and Duro brands. Also Millersburg tires in Millersburg OH also did have some good prices. http://www.millersburgtireservice.com/