Sign in to follow this  
dtallon

WH Cart Imposter

dtallon

I did a double take when I saw this on Craigslist today.  The design looks awfully familiar, but looking closer it's a poly tub with ribs molded in.  What little info I could find on it indicated it was a promo unit that Sears gave away with the purchase of a riding mower.  Too bad it wasn't metal or it could be painted red and make a nice WH "tribute" cart.  

poly_lowprofile_cart.jpg

AMC RULES

With a set of decals, it still can. 

Sparky

And it will never rust thru....not a horrible design in my opinion. My new wheelbarrow (last spring) has a plastic tub and its sturdy as heck. No more metal ones for me.

Mike...........

• Like 1

Tankman

Polyethylene tub will expand and contract with temperature changes.

Best to paint using exterior house paint. Exterior latex paint will expand and contract, designed to do so with weather changes. You can also fix cracks with a soldering gun, heat, melt, hold tight while cooling.

I've seen these carts on sale at Lowes and/or Home "Cheapo".   I believe at Home, green for the "Deere" sales. Nice cart.

Decal away. http://www.redoyourhorse.com  :ychain:

I have a steel Craftsman cart, 17 cu ft, heat gun, bye-bye Craftsman decal. Hello Grandsons, now a skateboard billboard! Skateboard coarse grip tape is also great on footrests. Stays on! Works!