Sign in to follow this  
Wheelhorsedairyfarmer

c-141 8 speed.....dead.

Wheelhorsedairyfarmer

Alright, belt is on and working properly. When on flat ground in 1st low range, will move forward a little and then stop, and rock back and forth a little, no movement in any other low range gears, or any at all in hi range. When parked and in gear, you can push it forward, and theres a clunk inside the tranny. I've replaced hubs and axle seals, just redid the fuel system and carburetor.....what could be my problem, and a ballpark on parts. I'm getting really really honked off with this tractor and all the money into it. I just want it to run for more than a week!

illinilefttackle

I would check the drive pulley on the trans-make sure key is good and set screw is tight. Then- check your hubs at the rear wheels- make sure they are tightened and the keys are good-Good Luck-Al

• Like 1

Jeff-C175

My buddies C-81 did the same thing last year... turned out to be the HI-LO range fork busted somehow.

racinfool40

Check what was mentioned above 1st....then check your high/low shifter...you should feel when the gear slides and engages the other gears....if the shifter fork broke it will not hold it in gear and will be pushed just enough to be in between gears.....I would double check everything on the outside before you have to drop the trans and split it...If ya have to split it there are some great video's to walk ya thru it and some great guys here to help ya out....and I have all the parts you need to replace anything that is broke...

MIKE.

• Like 1

Wheelhorsedairyfarmer

Alright, the belt pulley is on the input shaft tight, as are the set screws in the hubs. Headin to the garage to give the shifter a feel.