Sign in to follow this  
546cowboy

Latest one almost done C-175? Updated Pics

546cowboy

I picked up this C-175 a month or so ago in sad shape. K-17 with a broken rod, two low tires, dirt and oil every where and the whole trans tunnel filled with a massive mouse nest. I have picked up 3 175's and a 417 all with blown motors and no ambition to repair them. I got a K-341 and decided to use that in this tractor. I had it all bolted in when I found that the oil pan was cracked and leaking, so out it came again. I was also lucky I had the right shaker plate from another project.

While I had it apart I pressure washed the whole tractor top and bottom. I repainted the frame and undercarriage before I installed the engine. Anyway I had to change the throttle and choke cables as the ones for the K-17 were too short. I also had to mount a regulator for the charging system. Got all the painting done and am waiting for my new decals. They won't have the C-175 on them though since I guess with the 341 it would be a C-165 but they won't have a number on them.

Update: I bought a new muffler for it yesterday, so I have updated the pictures.

post-1334-0-14025000-1373989705_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-86287800-1374170560_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-04322700-1374170578_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-19700100-1374170599_thumb.jp

Edited by 546cowboy

AMC RULES

:scared-eek:  Turned out   :icecream:

Jake Kuhn

Looks good Lynn!

SousaKerry

:handgestures-thumbupright:

jachady

It amazes me how naked these tractors look without decals.

jackhammer

Who would have thunk it,

I've been hitting various topics lately and find a nice quality about help and friendships here at Red Square.  So I finally took the time today to join.. Another newbie

Funny thing is I clicked on classifieds and already tomorrow I'm heading to 546Coyboys ranch. Looks like so interesting things there.

Lucky me

Sparky

Who would have thunk it,

I've been hitting various topics lately and find a nice quality about help and friendships here at Red Square.  So I finally took the time today to join.. Another newbie

Funny thing is I clicked on classifieds and already tomorrow I'm heading to 546Coyboys ranch. Looks like so interesting things there.

Lucky me

Good luck and bring a camera!

:WRS:

Mike.....

Jeff-C175

Good luck and bring a camera!

And cash... and :beer:

546cowboy

That's what I'm talking about. :woohoo::teasing-signhere: