Sign in to follow this  
littleredrider

1045 front rims

littleredrider

I got super lucky today and found a set of front tires for a 1045. They aren't off one, but same size and tread pattern. But after I already mounted one, I notice that it has more offset on one side than the other rim does. I would think they are the same for an 854, but not sure. Anybody?

gwest_ca

854 and 1045 both used 4998 front wheels.

Garry

littleredrider

what about earlier wheels? I have another set with new tires on them, but IIRC they are off a 702 or 753. I'm not looking for a 100% correct restore, but want something that is close...

gwest_ca

I was just comparing part numbers. The 4998 was discontinued so long ago there is no record of where they were used. Just happened to find them on the parts lists for the 854 and 1045.

That is not saying the only difference was the color of the paint, tread pattern or tire supplier. The wheel width is measured inside the flanges with the tire off the wheel and then the hub offset and hub length is really all that makes a difference.

Garry

littleredrider

I'm gonna put two side by side and see what the diff is. I tried swapping tires/wheels onto something and the hub was too deep. This was with the early rims, either 702 or 753 if there is a difference. Thanks for the help!!

Kelly

63 and 64 use the same rims as your 1045 (I still need to answer your PM also littlered)

littleredrider

Been so long since I did a PM, not sure if I even did it right!!!

I have a set of rims with new 4.80 studs, but don't want to run those, just dread taking them off...